¥ One ¥

"Hanif Dan ubanka if you don't wake up now I'll come and kick you out of that bed now! Tun safeh (Since morning) you've been sleeping! You better wake up now" my mum shouts knocking on my bedroom door.

I honestly don't understand how my mother has the energy to come to the BQ every morning to wake me up.

"Hmm" I groan.
"Baza ka tashi din bah? (You won't wake up?)" she asks.

"Na tashi (I'm up)" I shout back.
"Come and take your sister to school".

"Okay!"

I groan waking up. This happens every single morning, this woman will never let me live in peace.

After brushing and changing into the caftan I wore yesterday, I head to the main house.

"Salam" I sat entering through the back door, entering the kitchen.

"Ayyah. You look scarred" My sister Ablaa laughs at me.
"I always look this way when Hajiya wakes me. I don't think I'd get used to it when my wife wakes me when I'm married" I admitted.

"Yeah. You're keen to get married dear brother and don't you worry, its soon".

I smile "I hope so. Now let's go".

Ablaa is 19years, graduating secondary school this year. She was born sick so she missed school alot but luckily these past few years have been very quiet. Sometimes I feel the experience of those times she's been sick has made her really understand what life is really about, she's too mature for her age sometimes. And sometimes when she says and does some things I realize that she's actually still a child.

"Yes sir. Let's go before Hajiya comes. She'll start her 10min prayer" she runs out, her school bag jumping on her back.

"Okay then" I follow behind her.

.

"Hanif Dantsoho!"
I raise my head, looking at my boss/father's friend.

"Yes, sir?"
He smiles "No need for that. How are your parents?"

"They're fine, we thank God".

"I wish all men are as respectful as you are. After you're done with work I have something for your father but you'll have to go get it yourself from either Maman Mallika or Mallika din".

I smile "Yes sir, of course".

He looks around "Ina Dahir? (Where is Dahir?)"

"He left to attend to the production of---"
"I have two very hard working men working here, it's a relief".

I nod smiling.
"Don't let me bother you, please go on with your work".

"Yes sir" he walks out of the office closing the door.

A few minutes later Dahir walks in laughing, leaving the door open yet again.
"For godsake for once in your life close the office door".

He closes it and sits on my table.
"The old man came in, I didn't know you left the door open. What if he met me doing something apart from work".

He laughs "Don't be so negative brother. I know that would never happen because you're always working. Hardworking man" he says tapping my shoulder.

"Whatever".

He groans "Production can't start until the 15th of next month" he huffs "And if we don't start now we might fail to meet the dead line. We need someone to help as soon as possible".

"By help you mean getting one of the old man's friend's in the government?" I ask.

"Exactly. They can fund it and at the same time get 30% of the credit. Its never too early to get people on your side right? The election is coming up really soon".

"Really? 2023 is soon to you?"
"In this line of business, yes".

"Okay I'll talk to Abba when I get home since we obviously can't approach our dear oga (boss) he's in his feelings right now".

He nods.

I prefer office work than field work while Dahir prefers field work to office work so we decided to do what we are best at.

.

I adjust my cap before calling her.

Are you here already?

Yeah I'm outside.

Why don't you come in?

Your mum.

Ah right. I'll be right out.

I put my phone back in my pocket and lean on the car.
"Are you modelling?"

I raise head and look at her "For you? Anything".

She walks over and hugs me, tightly. "You haven't been here in a while, I missed you".

"Me too" I pull away and kiss her on her forehead. "So? Where is the package?"

She hands it to me "It seems like it's only meant for their eyes. It's completely sealed. I know how curious you can get so I decided to help satisfy your curiosity but it's sealed"

"It doesn't matter" I put my arms around her waist "At least you're here with me".

She nods "How's Ablaa?".
"She's okay, thankfully".

"That's great to hear. Are you sure you don't want to come in?"

I tilt my head looking at her.
"I know how my mum is but I just want you to stay a little longer".

"Fine. When your mum goes out just call me. I'll just say I came to see her but unfortunately missed her so I decided to talk to you before I leave".

She smiles "Yeah yeah. Because I'm feeling lonely".

"It's your fault. You always get me riled and uncontrollable every single time we face time".

"I won't today, I promise" she winks.
"Sure".

.

"Finally" I say when I flop on the couch, my plate of rice and stew in my hands.

"Ooooh which girl did you see today?" Ablaa asks with a smirk.

I look at her. She seemed so interested, I'm starting to think that I've ruined all the game for any guy that would date her because she knows all the lines and lies made by us men. No offense but my little sister comes first. Dahir and I made sure to teach her everything, having elder brothers is a blessing.

" You know who" I reply boredly.
"Ah Abba said you'd get a package for him"

"Yes it's in my car. Here" I throw the keys at her, hitting her arm.

"Ow!"
"Sorry. It's in the Backseat. Be careful"

She nods and walks out.
I've trained this like girl like I'd train my own child. I'm so proud of myself.

Hey ya'll.
New book, new story line.

Yes I know!
I'll be giving a more detailed description in the next chapter so please and please try not to miss it.

....
....
WinterBearz
....
....