¥ Sixteen ¥

.
Dahir's POV.
.

"Dahir!"
I turn around and see Tukur walking over.

"Tukur, what's up?" I ask.
"I heard a rukus this weekend, I wanted to come by but changed my mind because it seemed like a family matter".

I nod "Yes, it was".
He smiles "I didn't know you have a younger sister". He says.

I just wanted him to get straight to the point and tell me what it was he wanted.
"Yes. I didn't think it was information that had to be divulged".

He laughs "Of course, we've only met a few times. But Hanif's wife is your relative right?"

I laugh. Now I know what it is. "Yes, why are you asking?"

"No. No reason she just seems to be an outgoing person".
"Are you sure we are talking about the same person?"

"Never mind. I hope you sort out your problems really soon".

"Inshallah" I say and walk in

How dare he?
Hanif and I will have to sit and talk, things should start going as planned but first I have to meet Fayza.

.

"Come in" I shout when someone knocks on my office door, some people might say I have Guts for showing up at Baba's company after what happened this weekend but he'd get angrier if I don't and apart from Reema's situation I'm not having any beef with Baba.

Fayza peeks smiling.
She walks in, closes the door and leans on it.
"So? What should we do after work? Dinner?" She asks.

"I can't. Mallika and I are meeting some people but we can do that tomorrow".

She huffs "Since you got married you don't bother making plans with me anymore".

I chuckle "Should I cancel then?"
She shakes her head "Then I'll make plans with my husband too".

I laugh, so hard I started coughing.
She sits across me looking offended "Is it impossible? It's not like ours is more complicated than yours".

"But Mallika is a fast learner, so everything seems to be normal" I say back.

"You know.... Nothing happened".
I huff "It should".
She looks at me disappointedly with a frown. "It should? Why can't we do things as planned?"

"You're his wife and this... It's not right.".
"You're not sure you just think it isn't" she mumbles.

I walk over and squat in front of her. "I wish I made a move earlier, before all these things the old men started. But I wanted more time and eventually it ran out before I could take a step forward".

She looks at me "No, you still have time. You were just caught off. So let me handle this. For you, Hanif and Lala too".

I raise my eyebrows looking at her questioningly "What are you going to do".
She laughs" Trust me".

.

I'll be completely honest I trust Fayza more than myself but she has never been the best master planner and so I'm worried. The worst part is I have no idea what I'm going to do to help.

"What are you thinking about?" Jafar asks me. He and I have been friends since secondary school.

I huff pressing the pause button on the remote "Just trying to understand things".

Kasim laughs "That's typical Dahir but that's not it? Is it? All your thoughts get pushed aside when you're watching anime. For god sake it's the new episode of Attack On Titan and you're not paying attention?"

Kasim is actually Lala's cousin but I've known him way before I knew about her existence." Just trust me".

"Oh!" Jafar exclaims "Trust you? I feel you're also like this because you're waiting for something, you always get worked up and say Trust me when you are depending on someone for something and you don't think they can handle it".

I stare at him "That makes so sense at all".
"It's because you've done it to me so many times. Whether I'm on the giving or receiving end".

I struggle to get up like an obese man but I stand anyway. "I should get home now, it's getting late".

"I doubt my cousin is bothered" he says with a smirk.
I raise my phone and show him. She had already called me 5times already.

"It was on silent".
He gasps looking perplexed "Does she like you now?"

I just stare at him.
"Because she's not the type to call someone she doesn't care about. For instance, she hasn't called me in months".

I say nothing.
"So you've tamed the beast....you've actually made Lala a proper person, a woman who has qualities".

I Stand in front of them, towering over Jafar
"She's my wife so talk about her with respect as you would my mother. And Lala isn't basic, yes she has her Flaws just like everyone else but she's a peaceful and understanding person. Whether I want to admit it or not being with someone different from who I am has made me seen things differently".

"When you say different you mean Fayza, right? Because you two are practically the same person".

I gasp. "I have to go" I run out.

.

I walk inside the living room and stare at them alarmed.
Ma, Fayza, Lala and Sabeeha were all staring at me like I'm a scum because I really feel like one right now.

I smile "my favorite ladies all in one place"
Ma glares at Mallika indicating she didn't accept her as one of them but she is, whether I like her or not.

Reema walks in with a tray of finely chopped fruits, when it comes to cooking or anything related to food you can count on her, she's a food guru.
"We were just asking about you" she says gently placing the tray on the center table.
I smile already feeling the intensity of my own living room. Being centered around women when you know you're guilty of something is the worst feeling ever, I honestly don't wish that for any guy.

I look at Fayza raising my eyebrows.
She turns her head away looking awfully sad and disappointed.
"You didn't tell me I'm having a nephew".

....
Unexpected.
....