¥ Eight ¥

I sit on the couch watching 007 and eating at the same time. Fayza just left the house because she wanted to drop off some paperwork at Dahir's place.

I cross my leg. This is the life, every breath I take sounded amazing, the house is chilly and the food is amazing. Honestly, the only unfortunate thing about Fayza is that she's working but apart from that I know I can't complain about anything.

The door opens and she comes in, sitting on the arm chair. "Dahir is really one of a kind".

"Yes, he's as twisted as it gets". I smile, I freeze. What could she possibly mean by that?

"What happened?"
"Mallika is at home working, like major work at least for her"

"What?!" I ask dropping my feet to the ground. She looks at me weirdly "it's true".

"Why would he do that?"
She laughs sarcastically like I just said the dumbest thing ever "Because she's his wife and it's a lesson for her" she stands and walks out still giggling.

Of course that annoying Dahir didn't tell her about my relationship with Mallika.

.

He stops when he sees me right in front of our gate. "Out so early?"

I smile, forcefully "Yes. It seems people don't want me living life peacefully".
"Ayyah, that's sad. Is Fayza done?"

"I'm dropping her off myself".
"Sure. What time are you getting back?"

I look at him weirdly, what if he and Fayza are dating secretly? That would make alot of sense, the reason he cares so much about her, the reason he didn't want to live so close to us... Or maybe I'm trying to justify what I'm doing.

" Hanif? "
" Yeah?" I raise my head "Oh. No I won't".

He huffs "Okay".
"You know what I'll just call Fayza, since you two have the same destination".

He smiles "I thought the same".

.

I knock on the front door.
Finally she opens, wearing a knee high dress with a messed up apron.

"What are you doing here?" She asks alarmed.

"I came to see you, what else?"
"No you can't. Hanif you have to leave".

I stare at her dumbfounded "I was just worried".
"Why?"

"Fayza told me you were working all day and I didn't like that, why would he make you do something like that? I'll talk to him" I assure her.

"Stop prying. I might not know much about cleaning or anything else but I'm enjoying it. It also keeps me busy and I get to go through a day with Dahir without him looking at me like I'm a spoilt brat".

"Can I at least come in".
She looks at me pleadingly "This is dangerous, this whole thing Hanif and I'm not sure I can handle anything this intense right now. Just go back home before someone sees something they shouldn't, this is perilous".

I look at her.
I can't believe I'm the one Mallika is pushing away because of Dahir, it seems so unreal.

I nod and walk away, maybe she's just on edge, I'll just call Dahir and talk to him.

.

Fayza walks in looking at me, weirdly.
"What?" I ask.

"You look like a lost puppy, it's not a good look".
I huff. "They made me look like a lost puppy, I'm just exhausted".

She nods. "It's understandable, everyone is too".
"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean?" She challenged.
"After the wedding I took a week off work. But you.... You got back the next day and you work everyday, even on weekends and that's all you do. Have you ever thought of doing anything else?"

She stares at me, looking highly offended "So you think I want to work like this? You think I enjoy working like this?"

"Come on even Dahir who has more work load than you do takes his weekend off but you don't. All you do is work work work".

She huffs looking irritated "Are you venting on me? Transferring some kind aggression you're feeling because you and I both know I have no control over it and that's why you never asked me to stop work, instead you complain".

"I'm tired" I go upstairs.

.

I didn't sleep throughout last night and I've finally realized that living like this isn't worth it, Lala wants to live in peace and I don't want to be the bad guy so I've decided to let her go.

I have a wife now, so I can't do whatever I want anymore.

.

Dahir's POV.

.

I stare at Anwar in horror "What is this?"
He looks at me confused "What's wrong with it? It took me four hours to finish that".

I huff looking at him. "It's not Mallam Sa'eed, it's Mallam Nasir Sa'eed they are two different people".

He freezes "What?!"
I nod "Yes. And we should have it ready by Friday afternoon and you know how that man is".

He shouts "I thought I'd have tonight all for myself".

"Too bad".

My phone starts ringing.

Reema?

Ya Dahir.

What's wrong? Why does your voice seem odd.

Just excited to talk to you. I'm thinking of coming to visit with Khalid, we miss you all.

You know everyone will be glad to have you back. How's it back home?

Yaya I'm tired, I want to give up on this marriage. This isn't the kind of life I wanted for myself when I married Bashir.

When are you coming?

Next week, if he allows me.

He'll have no choice, if he doesn't I'll come take you myself.

I miss being home. It's been three years already. I can't believe I missed your wedding and Fayza's too.

Don't worry about that, you didn't miss much.

Let's talk later...i need to go pick Khalid up he's crying.

Okay.
I end the call.

"That bastard Bashir again?" Anwar asks through gritted teeth.
I nod. "Why don't we just force her back, we are her family anyway".

"He's her husband. We have to think rationally".
He shakes his head, looking at me with so much pity "You're too calm for your own good".

"Abeg go finish your work and Fayza isn't going to help".

He gasps "Don't do this to me. Please".
"Nah Nah Nah. Hurry" I laugh.

He huffs and walks out.

.
.
.
.
.