"That's just simply awful!" The girl wails, falling to the grass after hearing his story.

The process of merging their bodies didn't take long and her strength had all but depleted. Suzume wipes at the tears that continue to flow, her peafowl kimono soaking the clear liquid. She still looks the same with a blue rose hairpin that holds back a part of her front bangs. Her dark blue hair remained short and layered, and her eyes were that same mantis-green. She felt no different either and all that changed was the second voice in her head. Michael sighs at her exaggerated reaction, and if he could, he'd be rolling his eyes.

"Is the hero okay? Where is he now? Oh, and you, how are you?!" she inquires, and albeit he was appreciative, Michael was also confused. Why was she so concerned about someone she hadn't even met? His story rewarded sympathy, yes, but not enough that she should do something about it.

The god's voice sounded calm even though he was seething within her body, "He's fine. You shouldn't be worried about him anyway. Your mother wanted you home by sundown."

Suzume gasps and scrambles to stand. Her legs wobble and she plants her hands firmly on the slanted rock. She gazes at the sky, noticing the sun moving towards the tip of the forest. Suzume stayed there for a minute, admiring the pretty pinks and blues that accompany the sunset.

She sighs contentedly, relaxes her body, and starts her small trek home. It was a bit difficult, but the trunks of the surrounding timber helped to steady her. They passed the tree line and made it to the river, crossing a small stump that she placed as her miniature bridge.

The townsfolk greet her with joyous waves and gracious smiles. She beams at them and waves with as much gratitude. The rest of the way home, there's a skip in her step.

"The villagers seem to like you," Michael converses, his voice monotone as he observes the people who spoke to her.

Suzume doesn't respond until she's at the front gates of her home. It's fairly sized, enough for her family of three with one floor for everything. Their kitchen is small and the living room medium-sized. She likes the colors of jade green and teal blue that paint their walls and ceiling. The floorboards are mahogany, and dimly lit lanterns line each hallway with a fireplace held in the living room. It's spacious, especially compared to the rest.

She lifts the latch on her gate and shuts it behind her, walking to the entrance, "I participate in many of the festivals held each year, and I just enjoy helping around," Suzume shrugs off the thought because doing the right thing came naturally. Her parents taught her well, that's for sure.

Michael hums in acknowledgment but stays silent as they make their way inside. He quickly noticed she spoke aloud when talking to him. She'd appear suspicious and slightly crazy to the outside world, so he'd only speak when they are alone. The god also noticed that she couldn't hear his thoughts and vice versa. He guesses' this is because he is technically a physical body inside of hers, so there'd be two different minds. There's a lot more to learn about these new arrangements, but for now, he'll take to enjoying the variety in scenery.

He was slightly disappointed in humanity but still curious to see its outcome. Though he may not be able to interact with his environment, Michael couldn't wait to hear the tales of Remnant.

"Tadaima!" Suzume announces when entering her home. She began speaking while absentmindedly slipping off her geta, switching them out for slippers. "Sorry I was out so late. You should have seen the flowers though. I found a couple of irises, and the orchids that I've planted are almost ready. Oh, oh, and obaachan said she'd make a bouquet for ojiisan the next time we visit him! I'm super excited about that... Okaasan?" her mom hadn't replied, but the hall was illuminated with the soft, yellow glow of their kitchen.