Chapter 63

Light's P.O.V.

Tears never stop streaming down my face while looking at my mate. His skin is pale as snow with no sign of life in it. The pain in my chest is starting to feel unbearable. I know it will be so much selfish for me to wish for him to come back, that's just impossible. I love him so much but I know that I need to respect the nature of life.

Just as I am about to let go of his hand when I feel it squeezes mine. Natigilan ako at muling napatingin rito. A part of me keeps on saying that it is something impossible. However, maybe there are times that miracle really exists. I noticed how the pendant of the necklace he is wearing starts to crack then it completely exploded into tiny little pieces.

Freya let out a loud gasp as if she is trying to catch her breath, making me turn my attention back to her. She's sitting across me while holding my mate's hand. She look so pale now, as if she's been underwater for too long.

"What happened?" Agad na tanong ko rito na agad ding ibinalik ang tingin ko kay Prompto. I can hear his heart starts to beat again. It is a too weak but still, that is more than enough to make me hope. His eyes fluttered open making me gasps in surprise.

"The necklace, what have you done Freya?"

Umangat ang tingin ko kay Nyx na karga-karga si Cloud sa bisig nito. His eyes is on the necklace with a broken pendant on my mate's neck. There is fear written on his eyes. That is when I realize the symbolism of the necklace.

My eyes snaps towards our Luna's direction. She stand up from the ground and Vincent is quick to come to her side to help her. She looks so pale and so weak right now

"Luna Freya, what have you done in order to bring my mate back?" Paguulit ko sa naunang tanong na binitiwan ni Nyx.

Nyx and I are both from Tenebrae, we are aware of the symbolism of the necklace. It can't be broken. It can never be broken. The necklace contains a power coming from the moongoddess. That is the main reason why there can never be any other family that can replaced the monarch of Tenebrae. Their family were chosen to lead this pack.

Isang matamlay na ngiti ang pinawalan ni Freya. Sumandal ito kay Vincent at saka huminga ng malalim bago sinalubong ang mga mata ko.

"I did what I think is right." Katwiran nito saka napatingin ka Nyx at sa sanggol na karga karga nito.

She walk towards Nyx and look at the child on his arms.

"I don't want my son to go through the same hardships that I've been through. This is the right time to end all of this. Cloud is no longer connected to Tenebrae." Wika nito saka hinaplos ang pisngi ng kanyang anak.

Nyx and I became speechless for a few minutes as we both try to process what did just happened. Then my eyes turns towards the necklace on my mate's neck. Prompto is now completely awake, confusion is on his eyes while looking at the squad that surrounds him.

"I'm alive?" He mutters, completely confuse of what is going on.

"I- it can't be." I am lost for words. I love my mate, I will give my life to bring him back from the city of the dead. However, with the necklace being broken, that means Freya and Cloud has no longer control over Tenebrae.

"What happened here?"

Sabay-sabay kaming halos napatingin sa bagong dating. Noctis walks to his wife, enclosing her in a protective hug. Napatingin ako kay Prompto na ngayon ay puno ng pagkalito ang mga mata habang iniikot ang tingin sa amin.

He looks so lost, so I am.

Noctis's P.O.V.

Kumunot ang noo ko ng mapansin ang kakaibang pagbabago ng aura ng aking mate. She looks paler than usual. Also, I can't help but notice how shallow her breathing is. Something is wrong with her. Hinaplos ko ang gilid ng pisngi nito.

"What happened Freya?" Hindi nakatiis na tanong ko rito.

She looks up to me and let out a pale smile. "I'll be all right, Noctis. I just need to rest for a while, then after that I'm sure I'll be okay."

Sumandal ito sa dibdib ko at saka napapikit. She looks so tired. I can't really deny how stressful this day has been for her. This whole event is enough to consume someone's strength. Hinaplos ko ang buhok nito. I shouldn't have bring her here. But then I know that it is necessary. All of us here needed a closure.

"Noctis, you have a long story to tell me." Wika ni Prompto na siyang nagpabaling ng tingin ko rito.

Tinaasan ko ito ng kilay. Seeing that he is alive and kicking right now makes me wonder what really happened here while I am busy fighting Ravus. I have a feeling that it has something to do with my mate.

"And you are required to do the cleaning for the whole pack house for a month once we get back to Niflhiem." Sagot ko rito dahilan upang magsalubong ang kilay nito.

"What the heck?" Hindi makapaniwalang bulalas nito. "I just came back from the land of the dead and that is what you are going to tell me first? I'm your best friend!"

"You tried to kill your mate, my wife and my son." Sagot ko rito.

"That's unfair! You can't hold me accountable for the crime I've committed while I am under someone's control." Katwiran nito sa akin.

"You two shut up, they are here!" Ang seryosong tinig na iyon ni Vincent and nagpatigil sa amin ni Prompto sa pagtatalo.

Prompto is quick to stand his ground while I pull Freya behind me to protect her from any kind of incoming danger. We can hear countless footsteps from all direction. A clear sign that soldiers of Tenebrae has been alerted already of what had happened.

Ilang saglit pa ay napapalibutan na kami ng mga warriors. My eyes immediately scan the crowd in front of us for Sephiroth, I know he is here.

Ilang saglit pa ay humakbang sa harap ng mga warriors ang hinahanap ko kasama si Ardyn. The whole place fell into a total silent. All of us are waiting, waiting for him to speak and give the orders. This night could lead to a total bloodshed or a negotiation. That will solely depends on Sephiroth's decision.

Naningkit ang mga mata nito ng dumako iyon kay Prompto. Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang pagdaan ng galit sa mga mata nito habang nakatitig sa amin. I know that he is already aware of what had happened to Ravus. Mahigpit na kumuyom ang mga kamay nito subalit hindi ito kumilos o nagbigay ng utos sa kanyang mga warriors. Bagkus ay isang mapaklang ngiti ang gumuhit sa mga labi nito saka sinalubong ang mga mata ko.

"It all comes down to this, after all." Walang emosyon ang tinig nito. "It's pathetic isn't it? I lost my wife, my daughter, and now my son."

Freya's hand tighten unto mine. She's scared, but who wouldn't. Her father I someone that you don't really want to mess up with. Sephiroth is an alpha, a dangerous one.

"Father-," Freya tried to intercept, only to stop when Sephiroth raise his hand to signal her not to talk.

"Freya, the moment you allow yourself to be marked by that bastard, you have lost the rights to call me father." Wika nito saka muling ibinaling ang tingin sa akin. "Noctis, leave my land before the sun rises on the horizon. The border of Tenebrae will be close for you and your people. Anyone who dared to enter Tenebrae will face a punishment of death!"

Napabuntong-hininga ako sa pinili nitong decision. Somehow, it makes me  He is not going to trap us here to get us killed. He is smart, something that I expected from him. Ardyn that is standing beside him let out a knowing smirk.

I nodded and decided to agree with his condition. I killed his son, he has the rights to exile all of us. Tinalikuran ko ito at saka nagpatiunang humakbang patungo sa lugar na kung saan naroon ang karuwaheng sinakyan namin patungo rito.

There's a part of me that's telling me that we are far from the ending yet. We are still far from the ending, way too far from it.

❤❤❤

Epilogue is the next chapter. Thank you for keeping to the end guys.

💐💐💐