Chapter 41

Noctis's P.O.V.

Binulabog ang katahimikan ng gabi ng iyak ng isang sanggol. Malalim na ang gabi ngunit batid kong hindi rin makatulog ang mga mamamayan ng Niflhiem. All of us are waiting for this night to happen. The birth of the crown prince, the birth of the next Alpha of Niflhiem and Tenebrae.

I can feel the anticipation of our pack members through our link. I'm excited of course, I'm going to be a father, me and my beautiful Luna will have a prince. That's amazing. I'm worried about Freya but I do believe that she can make it. She's a strong woman. She can make it.

I'm excited as well, how would my little baby would look like? Magiging kamukha ko ba ito or kamukha ng aking Luna?

"Noctis, will you please stop pacing back and forth like that? You are making me dizzy!" Reklamo ni Aranea habang nakataas ang kilay na nakatitig sa akin.

I take a deep sigh to calm myself.

Saka naman nagbukas ang pinto ng silid na kinaroroonan ng aking Luna. Lumabas ang isang doctor mula roon. The doctor remove her mask and greeted me with a smile. Tila may nagaawitang anghel sa paligid ko habang naghihintay ng sasabihin nito. Somehow, I know that her smile indicates a good news.

"Alpha, congrats. It's a healthy young prince." Nakangiting wika nito.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang mapangiti sa sinabi nito.

"Maraming salamat doctora." Puno ng pasasalamat na wika ko saka humakbang patungo sa pintong nilabasan nito.

Pagpasok ko sa silid ay ang pawisang mukha ng aking asawa karga karga ang bagong silang naming anak ang bumungad sa akin. I can almost feel tears building up in the side of my eyes while looking at them. Thousands of gold bars and diamonds in the world but nothing can compare to the riches that I have inside this room.

"Noctis... He's beautiful." Wika ni Freya.

There are traces of tears in the side of her cheeks but the happiness that is painted on her eyes shows how strong my wife is. Tinawid ko ang distansiya namin at tinaniman ng halik ang gilid ng labi nito.

"Our prince is beautiful because he have a beautiful and strong mother." Wika ko rito.

Freya let out a smile on me at my compliments. A small blush makes its way to her cheeks, make her the most attractive woman in my eyes even in her disheveled hair.

"And it's because he have a very handsome and loving father." Sagot nito.

Tila may humaplos sa puso ko sa sinabi nito. Who would have thought that this will lead us here? There are hundreds of reason why we can't be together but now here we are. We're building a family. Who would have thought that we will be given a chance to have this moment?

"Hey, look what we have here."

Tinig iyon ni Nyx na siyang nagpalingon sa akin rito. He walks confidently towards us with his eyes not leaving the baby on my wife's arms.

"Nyx, you're here. I thought you'll have something important to do today?" Wika ni Freya rito.

Nagpaalam si Nyx kaninang umaga na aalis. Hindi ko na inalam pa kung saan ang balak nitong puntahan. Though Nyx is Niflhiem gamma, he is still a warrior of Tenebrae, I'm pretty sure that he have his own things to deal with. Unfortunately, one of it is ensuring the safety of my wife and now my son.

"Yeah, I manage to finish it earlier than expected. When I arrived in the castle, one of the warriors told me that moongoddess bestowed her blessing to the monarch of Niflhiem tonight. So I came here directly." Sagot nito saka bahagyang yumuko at hinaplos ang mukha ng anak ko.

A part of me feels a bit possessive to both my son and wife. Nyx is Freya's warrior but for me, he is a threat to the safety of my son. Nyx Ulric is a protector of the Alpha of Tenebrae and in this case, it is my son Cloud Strife Caelum. After few more minutes of playing with my new born baby, the doctor decided to shoo us. Forcing us to get out of my wife's room for her to rest.

Paglabas namin ng silid ay agad na humarap sa akin si Nyx. Seryoso ang anyo nito kaya naman alam kong hindi magandang balita ang dala nito. I let out a sigh and invited him to my office. As much as possible, I do not want my wife to hear what we are going to talk about.

"No!" Matigas na saad ko rito. "My son will lead Niflhiem, Freya's father can have Tenebrae! My son will never leave Niflhiem!"

"Listen Noctis, you are not helping your son and your wife by prolonging it!" He hissed. "Do you know where did I came from? I have a meet up with one of my trusted person from my old pack. Tenebrae is in chaos! Sure, your son is the Alpha of Niflhiem but how about Tenebrae? It is his pack too. The people in Tenebrae is your son's responsibility too."

"Are you out of your mind Nyx? My son is not even a day old." I stated, as matter of factly.

Tenebrae is a complicated pack. Their monarch is a total chaos, Freya is supposed to be the next Alpha but she was thrown to the human world during the war. Tenebrae will remain weak until it's true Alpha return to his position. In this case, that would be my son. However, do I want my son to fight for a position where most nobles and even his own grandfather will want him dead? No! I won't!

"You cannot stop what is set to happen Noctis. Do you think nobles of Tenebrae and Freya's father will remain civil towards our pack? It's just a matter of time before a war break out between the two packs." Katwiran nito.

"Let's talk about that once we are already in that situation. For now, let my child be a child." Pagdidismiss ko rito.

Nyx didn't bother saying a single word. He turn his back on me and walk towards the door with a clench fist. This is why I hate Nyx. Not because he is a warrior of Tenebrae but because he is the protector of the Alpha of Tenebrae. His job is to ensure that my son will regain his rightful position in Tenebrae. Isang kapalaran na alam kong hindi matatakasan ng aking anak.

"He's not wrong you know." boses iyon ni Light na siyang nagpabaling ng tingin ko sa pinto.

"If you are here to convince me as well to wage a war towards Tenebrae, it's not happening." Diretsong sagot ko rito.

She walks towards me and put a piece of red envelope in my table.

"Nope, I am not here to tell you that. I am here to inform you that we caught two assassin's lurking around in the capital of Nilfhiem." Wika nito. Bumaling ang tingin ko sa pulang envelope na ibinigay nito. "This is not a letter, this is an instruction. The news spread faster than we expected it to be. They know that tonight will be the birth of the prince. Nobles of Tenebrae sent an assassin to kill the prince."

Kumuyom ang kamao ko sa galit sa narinig. Nyx has a point, the war is unavoidable but I need to buy us time. I cannot wage a war. I cannot allow the history to repeat itself.

"Where are they?" Tiim ang bagang na tanong ko rito.

"One is dead, the other is in the dungeon." Sagot nito.

"Did you manage to get a name of the person who sent him?"

"No, he won't talk."

"Starve him, let him stay in the dungeon for the three days. Then after that question him again. If he still refuse to talk, inform me. I'll be the one to handle him myself." Mahigpit kong utos rito.

Lighting smile and nodded.

"Sure. Maiba ako, congratulations to you and Freya. I can't wait to see our little Prince." Pagiiba nito ng usapan.

The spark of excitement on her eyes makes me smile. This is something that I like about lightning. Since she is also going to be a mother, she understand how I feel about it. It's not that I don't want my son to fulfill his destiny, I just want him to be safe from any kind of danger.

❤️❤️❤️

Hey! I hope you guys are still here for the continuation of this story. Let's continue this now and ensure that we will give this story a proper and satisfactory ending.

💐💐💐