💛~Cold~💛

More fluff. I've been neglecting it.
________________

Not too long ago, Ishimaru's heater broke, causing his whole house to be as cold as a freezer. The unfriendly breeze bit at his skin, making him shiver. Very few blankets covered him and did their absolute best to warm him. Words cannot describe how badly Ishimaru wanted to feel Mondo's tight embrace, the strong arms he loved most. He would do anything to be in his boyfriends lap right now. That position never failed to make him feel safe, after all. Ishimaru needed to be warmed up soon. His teeth chattered, he had an unlucky week. So unlucky that the heater broke during winter. What a horrible way to start the season.

Ishimaru did consider calling Mondo to ask if he could stay at Mondo's place until his heater got fixed. It's much more warmer over there. But there was a tiny issue. Mondo was hanging out with friends from his gang at home and Ishimaru didn't want to bother him. So he kept himself still, hoping the heater would magically fix itself. The thoughts in his head stressed him out. His head made him think about what he could be doing, he could be doing homework, studying, learning about something new. Anything but this! He never liked wasting his time. Becoming the Prime Minister of Japan was his main goal after all! And such a huge goal should be treated as such.

After 10 more minutes of sulking, Ishimaru's phone vibrated repeatedly. It was Mondo! Usually, he would check on Ishimaru throughout the day. Mondo would ask if he slept well, if he's been eating regularly, telling him about how much he misses him, and he has a plethora of things to talk about every time. He'll ramble about random things and it doesn't take long for him to realize it and stop himself. Phone calls with Mondo are never bland, of course. He's an expressive person!

Ishimaru picked up his ringing phone with his numb fingertips and held it to his ear. "Hello?" He shakily greeted, unable to prevent his teeth from chattering so loudly. He heard loud talking in the background on the other end, Mondo and his friends were always loud.

"I wanted to hear your voice..." Mondo sheepishly mumbled into the phone, almost as if he was scared the other men would hear him. "Sorry I haven't talk to you as much today, bit busy, baby." He keeps his tone on the lower side. Mondo has to look tough after all! If his friends heard the way he talked to his boyfriend, he'd be constantly teased about it. Last time they caught him, his friends jeered at him and called him "lover boy" for the rest of the month.

Ishimaru's cheeks got a bit warm from being called "baby." Not surprising, considering it happens every time. He'll never get used to pet names.

"It's okay, I understand. I-I miss you-" He stuttered out, about to continue his sentence but instead let out a sneeze. "I'm doing well. How about you?" Ishimaru moved on as he tried to distract Mondo from his sneeze.

"I'm doing good but... you sound sick. Ya sure you're okay? Doesn't sound like you are at all."

"No no, I'm okay! My heater is just broken. That's all." The freezing man's teeth chattered louder, he hissed through his teeth from the cold. He hears his boyfriend sigh through the phone.

"Do ya need to come over here? I wouldn't mind, babe. I'd wanna see you." The biker offered. He felt guilty for not finding out sooner, wishing he could've helped. "Come over. Everyone left a bit ago. They got other stuff to do."

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Ishimaru promised and hung up the phone, hurriedly snatching his coat that never helped him warm up and got in his vehicle.

(Time skip because I can't write)

Ishimaru's car parked in the driveway as he did his best to stay cautious since it might have been slippery on the road. The driveway was empty, presumably because everyone else had left. And of course Mondo's motorcycle was in the garage. That bike might as well be that mans best friend. Or his baby.

The hall monitor turned off the car engine and put it in parking mode, taking out his keys and placing them in his pocket, the keys ringing out a jingling sound that imitated a windchime. Making his way to the porch, Ishimaru gave a gentle knock on the door three times. Numb knuckles stung after hitting the hard wood and so did every other part of the man sting. Being in the cold so long really did a number on Ishimaru. The heat in his car did make up for his suffering, though. Not for long, that is, as Mondo's place isn't far from his at all. They lived surprisingly close, their neighborhoods nearby. A good 10 minutes distance. He couldn't help but notice his boyfriend was taking some time to answer the door. Huh. Maybe he didn't hear him? Ishimaru clenched his right hand into a fist and knocked just a bit louder, not wanting to seem rude. Loud steps were heard from outside, it sounded like someone running downstairs. The door suddenly swung open, catching Ishimaru by surprise and had him stumbling backward a couple steps.

"Sorry for the wait, bro! You must be freezing, come in already." Mondo took a grip on the shorter man's forearm and pulled him inside. Warmth enveloped Ishimaru's body, feeling like the sun was giving him a bear hug. Relief washed over him due to the sudden warmth. "Thank you for letting me come over here, Mondo. I was freezing at home." Mondo smiles and gives a thumbs up, "No problem, doll." Ishimaru blushed at being called such a thing, but resumed at asking his lingering question. "Why did it take you so long to answer the door? And why are you out of breath?"

"Lemme show ya. Follow me." Mondo nodded his head to the stairs, signaling to where they were about to go: his room. The two of them walked up the stairs, Mondo behind Ishimaru as he constantly attempted to get a feel of his ass. Who wouldn't, though? Ishimaru had such a nice ass. Mondo's big hand was smacked away by the other man since he was flustered. "Lemme cop a feel of that ass."  To which Ishimaru replied: "Not today, Mondo."

Opening the bedroom door, Ishimaru was greeted with the sight of blankets and pillows scattered everywhere. Most of the blankets looked very big and very soft! Is this what Mondo was preparing?

"I knew you didn't have many blankets at home since ya like to keep things neat n all that, so I got all this junk out." The biker scratched behind his head, looking embarrassed beyond repair. "Also didn't want ya to become sick. Cuz then you would be whinin' to me all fuckin' day. So I put all of this in here because I didn't want you to feel cold anymore..." That last sentence fell into a faint whisper. Mondo gets flustered when he says sappy things. Although he's not used to it, he does his absolute best! Ishimaru is pulled toward one blanket carefully laid out on the floor as Mondo places more blankets on top of it and around it. Pillows were also placed throughout the area and Ishimaru instantly felt grateful, heart becoming full from how thoughtful Mondo was.

Mondo got Ishimaru in his so-called "nest" and smothered both of them in blankets. "Here, lay like this." The taller man got Ishimaru to turn over and cling to him. A kiss planted itself onto Ishimaru's cropped black hair. "Thank you for doing such a thing for me." Ishimaru began to tear up, just like always. "I feel much better now."

They spend the rest of the afternoon napping with each other as warmth surrounded them without fail.