12

Rafael sat in the chair the smell of antiseptic filled his nose along with the coffee he had in his hand.

This had been the routine for three days since the shooting , Ashlynn had yet to wake up according to the doctors it would be normal for her to be out for three to seven days to let her body heal .

Three surgeries she has gone through , the first one was to repair the damage done by the gunshot wound to her chest , it tore through her chest it lodge it self in the muscle, the second one was to go in and clean out her side wound it had become infected, the last one was to repair the small tear in her lung .

She will have a scar on her left breast to her side from the surgeries.

Rafael sat with his laptop on the table so he could work and watch Ashlynn he wanted to be the first thing she saw when she woke up.

He is currently working on Ashlynn's case but not as her Lawyer he had called in a Former ADA Peter Stone to take over the case so he could be with Ashlynn and also since he is personally involved with her he didn't want a conflict of interest throw the case against Sid Monterey.

Hearing rustling he looked up to see Ashlynn moving slightly in bed her hands were twitching as if they were playing the piano then they would stop and grip the sheets .
She would let out a groan then go quiet again .

Rafael put his computer down on the couch and got up went over to Ashlynn took her hand in his
" Ash wake up Baby we have a lot to talk about"He tells her.

He watched her eyes flutter then open looking up at the ceiling then she turned her head and for the first time in three days he saw her beautiful eyes
" Hey There My Ash" he says
" Rafael " Ashlynn croaks out
" Hold on no talking yet let me get you some water first " he moves quickly to get a cup and fill it from the sink with some water bringing it back to her
Then raising up the bed just enough so when he gives her some water it doesn't spill all over her .

Taking a small sip at first then big one taking all the water.

" There now try and speak " Rafael tells her.

" What happened "

" You were shot in the chest , it nicked your lung caused some damage to your shoulder muscle but that can be fixed with therapy you've been out for 3 days " He explains

" That will explain why I feel stiff " She tells him as she stretches her legs.

" Other than feeling stiff how do you feel " he asked her.

" Not to bad There is slight throbbing in my shoulder not too bad " Ashlynn tells him .

" Good "

" Rafael I'm sorry "
" For what Ash you did nothing wrong " He says to her squeezing her hand.
" I "
Rafael puts his finger to her lips to shh her.
" Listen I need to ask  you something important, I know we haven't been together for long But Ashlynn I would love to wake up next to you for the rest of my life Will you do me the honors of becoming my wife " he asked her .

Ashlynn looked at him she saw the love he has for her in his eyes
" Yes but on one condition that we either do it before or after the baby is born " She said

"Baby " he questioned

"Yeah just before we left I hadn't been feeling well when Amanda and Olivia had came over since you were in court we talked and Amanda asked if I was pregnant since I was exhibiting some of the symptoms and later that night I took the test it was positive I wanted to tell you when we got to the Adirondacks but he caused the accident.... Wait am is still pregnant " Ashlynn asked

" I don't know they never mentioned it let's get the doctor "

Five minutes later a Doctor came in

"To answer your question is yes your very much still pregnant We did a quick ultrasound before we operated each time We didn't tell anyone due to the patient confidentiality "

" So I am going to be a Papa" Rafael says with a grin .
" Yes Ashlynn is only 9 weeks along but yes "The Doctor said.
" Your not mad at me " Ashlynn asked
"How could I be I mean I'm a little upset that you got shot while carrying my child but I think we can work out something for you make it up to me " he says with a grin

"And with that I am out , Ashlynn you only need to stay a few more days then you will be released take it easy for a month to let your body recover , There should be no lingering effects other than maybe feeling achy and there " The doctor said

" Okay " Both said staring at each other .

Three days later Ashlynn was released instead of going home to the apartment they headed up to the Adirondacks this time without any interruptions.

They spent three weeks up there but had to head back home the trial was going to start in three days, Ashlynn wanted to be there even though Peter had said she could do it remotely so that she wouldn't have to face him again but Ashlynn is determined to face him for what he did to her.

Olivia and Amanda met Ashlynn at a boutique to shop , Ashlynn couldn't put on pants , most of her dresses were getting tight in the boobs so she wanted to get an outfit for Court but one that didn't show that she was pregnant she did not want Sid to think it was his .

Between the laughs and smart ass comments they found two skirts that could be worn with the four shirts then a wrap dress that was more for a dinner date. Then they enjoyed an afternoon lunch together as they dined Ashlynn noticed that a man was watching them , every move they made he would watch .

"Olivia " Ashlynn says
" Don't worry I see the same thing , Carisi and Amaro will be here in a few to chat " She said
" Damn I forget you guys are trained to notice things" Ashlynn says with a grin .

As they ate the man kept watching them until Amaro and Carisi joined them he seemed to be upset that they joined us .

They all heard him arguing with the waitress to the point he slammed his fist down on the table then he got up and look like he was headed to the restroom.

" Guess it's time " Amaro said with a smirk .
Both Carisi and Amaro got up from the table and followed the guy .

Amaro had the guy by his collar as he dragged him to the table .
" So do you want to explain what you were doing " Amaro said
" I don't have to say anything"
" Okay well I will explain then seems this jerk works for one of the tabloids he was trying to get pictures of Ashlynn to send to his publisher he really wanted ones of Her and Barba " Amaro said
" Why " Ashlynn asked
" Because of the trial would be my guess" Olivia said
" I can get top dollar for a photo of her and that lawyer " The guys growls out .

" Leave my fiancé alone!"

Ashlynn turns to see Rafael, she slides out of the chair and goes to him
Rafael opens his arms for Ashlynn who settled right in.

" Hi " she says softly.
He kisses her forehead.
" Did you get what you needed today " he asked all the while keeping his eyes on the guy
"Yeah I did plus some "
" Did you eat "
"Yes almost all of it "
" Good , Olivia , Amaro, Amanda and Carisi keep him occupied while we leave then let him go for now but I will warn You come near my Fiancé again you will not like what I do."