Graviton Unleashed

10 years ago

S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

Nick Fury sat at his desk, giving the man in front of him a stern look. "Are you familiar with the term Transhumanism, Doctor Hall?"

The Doctor nodded slowly. When the government reached out to him, he didn't expect it to be this division. "You're talking about modifying and enhancing humans to the next level, yes?"

"Indeed. If you recall, Germany was the first to break that barrier, and it was thanks to the defected Abraham Erskine that we perfected their process. You might know him as Captain America.

"I remember reading about Captain America in history class, but I didn't know he was a transhuman. I believed that he was just an above-average soldier but with added propaganda."

"Make no mistake. Captain Steve Rogers is as real as the eye patch on my face. He was the first, and unfortunately the last successful attempt. For decades, the world powers have been researching how to tap into our latent human potential."

"I take it that the conspiracy theory that super soldiers took part during the Cuban missile crisis is false."

"Not entirely. The individuals you are referring to were not only a third party but the mutants that have been popping up more and more lately."

"Really? But aren't the mutants what you're looking for, though? An army of them would surely suffice."

"Perhaps, but there are too many uncontrollable variables in their origin and growth."

"Are their genetics really that complex?"

"Our agents discovered the Canadian government had tried a Weapons project with them in the past, but due to complications, the subjects and research are now lost."

"I guess those Canadians aren't as innocent as they portray themselves to be."

"There's always a dark underside to any human society. In any case, another branch of government is working on the mutant issue." Nick took a deep breath. "And all that leads up to here. S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to continue Abraham Erskine's supersoldier formula, and we want you on our team. We can provide unlimited resources and human test subjects. So, what do you say?"

Franklin Hall paused for a moment, taking it all in before smirking. "When do I start?" Little did he know where he would end up ten years later.

Present

Nick Fury glared at his captor. "What do you want, Hall?!"

In suppressed anger and glowing blues eyes, the former prisoner answered. "Really? You're going to say that name and ask me that? Is it not obvious to you? I helped you with your research, and this is how you repay me!"

"You were becoming a danger. Calm down."

"Calm down?! Calm down! Don't you dare tell me to calm down. I just woke up years in the future locked up at the bottom of the ocean. Do you not realize how much of my life you took away from me?"

The director raised a brow in confusion. "What life? You were a scientific shut-in with no other family."

"It was still my life! The world moved on without me. I missed the new millennium. I missed the new Star Wars Trilogy. I missed Friends season 6!"

He struggled to break free as he tried to stall. "Actually, Friends got renewed for 10 seasons."

"Really?" The prisoner raised a brow in interest before shaking his head. "Wait. Shut up! No more distractions. I'm going to take years off of your life!"