Disclosure

Central Park

In an ancient Norwegian dialect, Enchantress continued her chant. Threads of emerald magic swirled around her before seeping into the Executioner and the ground. Skurge roared as he increased in size about two-fold. Meanwhile, the soil and rock around them coalesced into bipedal magical golems.

Frankenstrike blinked at the arrival of the makeshift army. "Now that's a bit much."

"Here we go again," grumbled Hulk.

Suddenly, the storm clouds above struck a blue lightning bolt onto the park. There, the four were interrupted by the arrival of an Asgardian Prince, creating a massive cloud of dust from the impact.

"Thor, thank... Odin?" Frankenstrike breathed a sigh. "Whatever, you're here!"

Thor glared at the magical duo in front of him. "Amora and Skurge. Why are you here?"

"Wait, wait, wait. You know these people?" Frankenstrike got up and stood by Thor.

"Aye, the Enchantress and her Executioner. They are Asgardians." Thor replied with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

Amora winked at the Thunder God. "Hello, Golden Boy. It's been a while."

"Is this another attempt to gain my favor?" Thor twirled his hammer at the ready.

Frankenstrike's shoulders slagged. "Are you telling me we're fighting your ex."

The Executioner growled and gripped his axe. "They never courted each other!"

"She was using me for the throne!" groaned Thor.

The Enchantress crossed her arms. "Is that so bad?"

"God, I'm getting flashbacks." Frankenstrike shook his head at those memories.

Thor's eyes narrowed as he diverted his attention back to the pair. "Why have you come here, Amora?" he demanded.

"Oh, you love Midgard so much, Thunderer," The Enchantress taunted as she raised her hand, which then covered itself in magical green energy. "We thought we would come and see what all the fuss is about."

Hulk spat. "Crazy bitch..."

Unfortunately, Skurge did not take the insult to his love kindly, his enlarged from sprinting at the green giant. However, his pursuit was abruptly halted when Thor charged forward with a battle cry with Mjolnir raised high. He struck Skurge in the face with the hammer, causing disorientation and sending Skurge flying into a statue.

Despite this, Skurge became more furious as he marched forward, letting out a roar before diving at Thor and tackling him mid-flight. Both of them crashed into the forest with Hulk in close pursuit. The collision left a trench over half the park in its wake.

Frankenstrike attempted to subdue Amore, but he was fooled once more. His body phased through another illusionary construct. "Dammit!" Another spell allowed her to slip through his grasp and disappear. As much as he wanted to assist with Skurge, the alien hero could see the numerous golems entering the city. It was an obvious distraction, but it still worked.

Two more huge creatures emerged from the ground, towering over him, ready to attack.

When the Golems started to charge at him, Frankenstrike instinctively shot a blast of purple electricity at one of them. As expected, the electricity was grounded into the dirt and rock, causing no damage.

The Golem roared and punched at Frankenstrike, but he dodged and punched the Golem in the face with his metallic hand. The Golem stumbled back but quickly regained its balance.