Not According to Plan

Grayburn College

Hank's Laboratory

Across town, Hank worked on one of his Ultron sentry heads. Most of them had been destroyed when the Helicarrier and the Big House went down. At the moment, he was in the process of optimizing them for the next model. Preoccupied with his tinkering, he barely noticed Jan ranting to him until she shrank down and flew right into his field of vision.

"You never listen to me. I can't believe you don't think this is cool!"

"Wait, what? Oh, I do think this is cool," Hank replied, completely missing her point. He gestured to the Ultron head. "The modifications I've made to the AI are very exciting."

Wasp sighed at this. "Ugh, not stupid Ultron, the Avengers! We're superheroes now!"

Hank wasn't as enthusiastic. "I'm a scientist."

"With Superpowers! On a superhero team!" Wasp got in Hank's face.

Hank pushed himself away from his worktable, Ultron robot head in hand. "Look, I applaud the idea. But just because Iron Man says we're a team doesn't make it so. We're six strangers," He clarified. "It takes time to form a team. It takes trust."
"Hank, how can you expect us to build trust if we don't even try? This is no different than one of your collaborative projects."

"I suppose..."

"All I'm asking from you is a chance. The main goal of this group is to help people. You love helping people! Can't you just give it a try, for me?"

Hank took a breath. "I owe you that much, at the very least. We don't guarantee it'll work, but we'll have some experience with this sort of thing moving forward."

Jan stopped to ponder. "I wonder where Thor slept before now. Does he even sleep? I bet Hulk just slept wherever he wanted." She gasped with an epiphany.
"That's it! I'm moving into the mansion!"

"What?!" Hank gasped, whirling around and staring. "You have a penthouse apartment in the city," Hank tried to argue. "Y-You don't have to—."

Jan flew up to his face again. "Firemen sleep in the firehouse," she reasoned before flying off to prepare her things. With that, she was gone.

Hank sighed deeply and spoke to the Ultron head in his hands. "She's very excited."

Stark Industries

Tony's Office

Tony sat at his desk, looking at Fury, who had his back turned. He looked to Pepper. "I don't remember him on the schedule."

Potts shrugged. "He's Nick Fury. He wanted a meeting. What was I supposed to do? He's already stonewalling our government permits and contract proposals." Her piece said, she left the room.

Tony glanced back to Fury. "Let me guess. S.H.I.E.L.D. needs weapons, you want to recruit Iron Man, and you need my help."

Nick huffed in amusement. "Not this time. This time, I came to help you. You see, believe it or not... I want your little Avengers Project to succeed."

Behind his desk, Tony raised a brow at the bold declaration.

Avengers Mansion

Four Arms and Hulk closed the front door. "Hey, J.A.R.V.I.S! Hulk and I are going to grab a bite to eat and hand at the park. That cool?"

From a nearby Terminal, J.A.R.V.I.S replied. "You are free to come and go just as any other Avenger. I shall take care of Thor in your absences."

Pepper, having received the notification from J.A.R.V.I.S, added on. "Please don't break anything while you're gone. I'm also in charge of your PR."