A Sound of Thunder

The Garage

It's been a few days since the Whirlwind incident, and Ben finally had time to renovate his new home and work on other projects. At this moment, the alien hero was finalizing the repairs and upgrades on his car. A small red goblin-like alien was working on the engine block. He wore an aviator's outfit with an ascot and the Omnitrix symbol is now on his waist. "FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!" Nuts and bolts flew everywhere in the gremlin's excitement.

"I believe you should stop while you are ahead," chastised Azmuth.

"Aw. Come on," groaned Juryrigg. "A little more, and I can double energy efficiency."

"While I admire the creativity and utility of your work, estimated stability would drop below 80%." Azmuth sighed. "I would have preferred if you had used your Greymatter transformation. Call it bias, but I trust Galvan ingenuity more."

"Greymatter is great with science and other high-tech stuff, but this guy is good for immediate results. This is just the prototype, and I'll revise the design later. Besides, Juryrigg is more fun." The Goblin cackled with glee.

Azmuth looked around the room at the various other experiments and prototypes. "I've noticed."

With one final adjustment, Juryrigg stood with glee. "Pull the lever, Azmuth!"

The AI rolled his digital eyes and sent the respective console commands.

The car's dashboard lit up as its fusion engine went online. A few seconds later, the wheels glowed neon blue and rotated to face the ground. The elevation of the car stabilized, completing the hover conversion.

The red devil jumped in glee. "Hell yeah!"

Azmuth simply chuckled. "While this form of propulsion is still primitive to most off-world civilizations, you did well with the resources at hand." The Omnitrix sounded with a ping. "Hmm. I'm detecting reports of superhuman criminal activities."

Juryrigg dropped what he was doing and looked at him in anticipation. "Where's it at?"

The screen on the wall lit up with a map of the city and its target location. "About 7 miles due south."

The red devil grinned at his devices. "Looks like it's time for a test run!"

The Docks

Several workers were strewn around the area. The laborers and security didn't put up any resistance.

A wrecking ball swings at a wooden shipping crate, opening it without damaging the contents. "Uh, this is it. This is what the boss wanted." Thunderball says to Wrecker. "A Gamma Energy Emitter. Stark may have stopped making weapons, but he still makes all kinds of good stuff." The wrecker is interrupted by the sirens.

Wrecker looks down to see they have police and S.W.A.T. arriving. "Get your toy, Thunderball. It's time to go," he orders.

SWAT vans and police cruisers screeched to a halt. Many officers deployed in a defensive formation, waiting for the threat to appear. "Spread out. Weapons hot." To their surprise, they didn't expect someone coming from above.

Piledriver jumped onto a police car, crushing it easily.

"Contact!"

The villain proceeded to tear off its hood and throw it at a SWAT member.

"Officer down!" called out the Captain of the squad. In the corner of his eye, another threat came. "We've got another one!"

Out of nowhere, Bulldozer began charging towards them.