Flare

👆proud 😌👌

(Eve POV)

I woke up one day with the sun hitting my face. I moved my face to the window and saw my sister still sleeping. Next year I'm going to be in high school, and she's going to college so this will be the last time I'll see her for now. I'm in Hawaii right now for summer vacation. We go here every year. I guess you can say it's tradition.

"Oh Eve you're awake!" -Mom

"Mmmmmm"

"Kana wake up! We're going to eat breakfast" -Mom

"Okay......"

From what I know she loves sleeping in. She can sleep all the way to 12 - 3 pm. My friends traveled like me for vacation, We got up and got ready. I wore a simple tie-dye red and orange shirt and tied the bottom and jean shorts. For extra, I put a scarf in the back where the belt should be put. I put on my flip-flops, and we left. We went out to the back of the hotel and ordered food at the beach restaurant.

"Oh girls we're going to visit a volcano today" -Dad

To be honest, I was really excited. We finished breakfast and went back to our hotel room. I had to change again because it rained a little. I wore a reddish-orange tank-top and another pair of jean shorts. I then put on my sneakers and I was ready to go. We went into the car and drove to the volcano. At the entrance was a jewelry seller, like the one by the waterfall my family goes to before we go to the airport.

"Mom! Can I buy one?"

I pointed at the jewelry stand so my mom knew what I was talking about. She turned around to look at it.

"Ok, I'll give you some money, I still need to buy the ticket for the bus tour" -Mom

I nodded, and she gave me $20. I went up to the jewelry stand. The person selling them was an old lady, but for an old lady, she looks young at the same time.

"Why hello young lady, what brings you here today?" Old lady

"Oh your jewelry caught my eye so I wanted to check it out"

"Oh what a bright and beautiful girl you are! Pick any you want"

I scanned through the stand and saw a necklace that caught my eye. It was a flame-shaped necklace with rubies on it. It was very pretty, which made me wonder why no one could buy this.

"I'll have this one please"

"Oh, what a wonderful choice! It suits you"

"Aw, thanks. You're too kind"

"That would be $15"

I took out my mom's $20 and looked at the lady. I then smiled and gave her the money.

"Keep the change I insist erm..."

She smiled.

"Mira. Call me Mira"

"Ms. Mira"

I gave it to her, and she smiled back at me.

"You're such a kind girl"

I smiled. I took the necklace and put it on. I then felt a powerful surge of energy. I never felt anything like it. It felt like a flaming heat was merging inside my body. I went back to my senses and looked at Mira. But she was gone. I looked around my surroundings to look for her, but she was nowhere to be found. I looked down and the necklace was still there around my neck.

What just happened?

"EVE!"

I turned to see my mom.

"I thought I lost you"

"Lost me? I thought you knew where I was going?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"There was a jewelry stand over here and you said I could buy a piece of jewelry from here, so you gave me $20"

"YOU TOOK $20?!"

She took out her wallet and counted her money.

"Honey, are you okay? You didn't take any of my money"

"I- WHAT!"

I was surprised. I clearly remembered that I got $20.

"W-wait! What about this necklace? Where did I get it from?"

"Eve, what are you talking about? You had that necklace ever since you were born. It was your favorite one"

I was left dumbfounded. Something was not right.

"Number 5 come aboard"

"That's us, Eve. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah....yeah I'm fine"

I was just blanking out and trying to process what was happening. I then went back to my senses when the bus started moving.

"Elemental Flame Volcano is the biggest and deadliest volcano! It first erupted in 1708!"

It was pretty interesting, but when we were driving higher to the volcano that powerful surge of energy was coming back.

Wha- There it is again!

"Legend has it that a dragon lived deep inside the volcano. That same dragon had a slayer which was then its owner"

Even though it was my first time hearing this story it felt very familiar. Almost nostalgic.

"But of course dragons aren't real, and this is just a legend"

Everyone laughed, and so did I, but then I heard something. A roar. Almost like a dragon's cry. I looked out the window and looked straight at the volcano. For some reason, I can see the magma rising. I then raised my hand.

"Excuse me!"

"Yes, young lady!"

"What are the calculations for the next eruption?!"

I was panicking.

"Eve, you okay?" -Kana

I just ignored her, expecting an answer.

"Haha, in thousands of more years!"

I looked at the volcano again, and the magma rose again.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" -Ellie

Everyone looked at me confused, but then a second later the bus started to shake. Everyone started to panic. The bus turned to its side. The doors were locked so no one could go out, and our seat belts were jammed. I tried to pull it, but then I felt strong heat flowing out of my body to my hand. It melted the seatbelt so I was free.

"How did you get out?" -Dad

"I-I don't know!"

"Go get help" -Mom

"Y-yeah"

"But that's gonna take forever! We're almost at the top of the mountain" -The speaker

The bus then shook again. I looked around and moved to the window. I then opened it and moved out of the bus. I looked at the volcano and it was still rising. The bus WAS close to the volcano. I hiked up to the volcano. Once I reached the top I could feel the heat of the magma. I didn't know what to do. Then everything went black.

. . .

"Eve...EVE WAKE UP!"

I then woke up out of panic. I looked at my surroundings, and I was still on the mountain.

"Kana? What happened?"

"You tell me, the shaking stopped and help came. We thought it was your doing, but it turns out you were here"

"I-I don't know what happened"

I touched my head and then it came to me. I looked down at the volcano and the magma cooled down....because I stopped it.