Icicle

I chillin' in my room drawing and listening to music. Right now I'm at Mammoth, the best place to spend your summer vacation. NOPE! It's flipping cold here and while I'm here, my friends are out in the sun, especially Eve since she's in Hawaii. It's not that I don't like snow. I love it! It's just that summer vacation should be going somewhere where there is the sun that's all. Anyway, a few more days and I'm back home.

"ELLEN!!! LET'S GO!" -Mom

"HUH?! WHERE?!"

"SKIING!"

"OKAY!"

I got up and went to my suitcase. I took out a white long sleeve shirt, a blue sweater, and gray pants. I took my black parka and my white and blue scarf and went downstairs.

"Okay! I'm here!"

"Finally! We're not going skiing. We just found out that the lift broke down"

"Well, I can't waste these clothes. I'll go outside and play by myself"

"Okay be careful honey!"

"I will mom!"

I gave her a big smile and went outside. I piled up snow to make a snowman. I was humming songs from my favorite group BTS(smirkity, smirk, smirk 😏 , okay I'll stop now) when I then saw an old lady.

"Excuse me, ma'am. What are you doing out here in the cold?"

"Ah, I just love it out here. Don't you? But why are you out here too?"

"Well, I'm just playing. I love the snow, but my friend Eve hates cold weather. I don't get why but she doesn't. Anyway, isn't it too cold for you?"

"Nah, I can manage"

I just looked at her worried. I then heard growling.

"Oh, my.....looks like I was walking for a long time!"

"Haha, um, wait here"

I went back inside the cabin and went to the cupboards.

"Hm? Ellen, what are you doing?" -Dad

"There's an old lady outside and I'm helping her"

"You're giving food to a stranger?"

"Dad, I'm being nice, and it's cold out there"

"She may be faking it"

"I heard the growling loud and clear"

He looked at me and sighed.

"Ok fine.....just this once"

I smiled at my dad, went up and kissed his cheek, and nodded. I got a few snacks and went back out.

"Here"

"Oh young lady I can't take your food"

"I insist. Besides, this cabin is rented and I'm going to leave soon. I might as well help someone out instead of doing nothing"

She smiled and took the snacks and started eating. Once she finished she looked up and smiled at me.

"You're so kind-hearted. Here let me give you something"

"Oh no! It's okay"

"I insist. I won't take no for an answer"

"Oh, well....ok"

The old lady rummaged through her pocket and took out a necklace with a beautiful snowflake pendant that has light blue jewels.

"Oh, I can't take this! I-I- just for some food?"

"No no no, for your kindness"

"Ma'am I-"

"I said I won't take no for an answer, and please call me Mira"

"Well, ok Ms. Mira"

I took the necklace and put it on. I then felt a powerful surge of energy flow through me. It gave me chills down my spine as if I was exposed to the cold weather here. I snapped out of it and looked at Mira, but she was gone.

"Mira? Mira!"

No way.....does she even have a home? Or was that all a dream?

I looked down and saw I was still wearing the necklace.

Nope

"ELLIE!" -Mom

"Huh? Mom? Dad?"

"Oh, there you are! You were outside for a long time" -Dad

"Huh? But I came inside to get food for the old lady I told you about who was just here"

"You didn't take any food. The cupboard is still full" -Dad

I widened my eyes. I was certain my dad saw me take food.

"Honey, are you okay? Are you sick?" -Mom

"What? NO!"

"Okay.... you're just acting weird"

"Never mind, let's go inside"

As we were walking towards our cabin, the surge of energy was coming back little by little. It made me wonder why this was happening. I looked down, and I knew what to ask them to prove I wasn't hallucinating, and another question that just randomly popped in my mind.

"Mom? Dad?"

They both looked at me.

"I have two questions"

"Go on" -Mom

"First, what's the name of this mountain again?"

"Oh, I think it was Mt. Dragonite. Legend says that there was a dragon who lived here" -Dad

"But of COURSE, it's just a legend so it's not true"

Maybe it is.....

"Ok then. Second question. Where did I get this necklace"

I was so confident that they didn't know where I got it from since I got it from Mira. I stared deeply into them like fire was coming out of my eyes.

"Ellen, did you hit your head or something? We gave that to you on your first birthday. It's your favorite necklace"

I was shocked. I don't even remember having this necklace. I was so certain that Mira gave it to me. But then as my parents went inside the cabin I still stood at the entrance and I heard a roar. Almost like a dragon's roar. I looked up but I didn't see anything. But I squinted my eyes and saw an avalanche was coming our way. I started to panic and didn't know what to do. I then felt a huge wave of that powerful energy and blacked out.

. . .

"ELLEN WAKE UP!"

"Huh? What? Mom?"

"You okay? You fainted"

"Yeah, I-. WAIT THE AVALANCHE!!"

"Ava- OHHHH that's what the earthquake was?"

I just raised my eyebrows.

"Well, you're lucky that it stopped. You climbed up here!"

"HUH?!"

I looked around at my surroundings and saw that I was halfway up the mountain. I was freaking out, wondering how I got here but then I remembered. I did climb up here to stop the avalanche.....and I did. I stopped it. It didn't stop by itself.

"Come on, Ellen. Let's get you inside. It's really cold out here"

Cold....funny.....I don't feel cold at all. Not like before. I feel......like it's normal temperature.

"Yeah, okay....."

I'm still processing what's happening right now. This is so confusing it's giving me a headache. But part of me believes that most of this has to do with that old lady, who she calls herself, Mira.

Ok, I was planning on putting it on the same cliffhanger, but that would be boring. So then I thought "Why not spice it up a little" and here ya go. Anyway, see ya next week!!!!!!