Vine

"ERIN, YOU READY?!" -Dad

"YEAH, I'M COMING!

You must be wondering where I'm at right now. Well, my family loves adventure! So, right now we're in West Africa's Guinean Forests (and yes I searched that up). My parents aren't researchers, but they sure act like one. I love that we are in a forest today because I love nature. That's partly why I play soccer. But I hate it right now because I was really lazy today. I don't know what my friends are doing right now, but I bet that they're having more fun than me. At least summer break is almost over. To be honest, I hope something interesting happens today.

"So where are we going today?"

"Wherever nature takes us" -Mom

"Fun...."

"But we're going to separate and come back before dinner. Just to explore the forest ourselves this time!"

I looked at them and raised my eyebrow.

That is new.....

My dad gave me my water bottle, and a map so I don't get lost.

"LET'S GOOOO!" -Mom and Dad

I walked forward and went on from there. I walked deeper into the forest and looked around. there was so much life here it made me smile. As I walked on I encountered a waterfall. I walked up to it and sat on a rock. I looked out admiring the waterfall.

Even though something interesting didn't happen yet, I'm glad I got to see this.

I closed my eyes for a moment feeling relaxed when I suddenly heard an unfamiliar voice.

"What are you doing here?"

It sounded like a kid's voice. I turned around and saw a little girl stand right in front of the trees.

"Oh, I was just wandering around and just found this place"

"I've never seen you before, and this place isn't somewhere to wander off to"

"Well, actually my family came here for vacation. They're very adventurous you see"

"Hmm, well that's good for you. I don't have a family"

"HUH?! I'm sorry, I should have asked"

"No, it's fine. I was raised here by my parents, but then they left me"

"I'm sorry to hear that"

"No need to apologize. I'm over it"

"Oh ok, um What's your name"

"Maya"

I looked at her lips and they seemed pale. I took my water bottle and opened it.

"What's this?"

"It's water duh"

"Why are you giving this to me?"

"Your lips look pale and dry, so I figured you needed water"

"Oh, thanks. I guess"

She drank it all in one gulp.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I should have saved some"

"Nah it's fine, I'm older I can manage"

She smiled. And rummaged through her pocket. She then took out a diamond necklace with pink flowers. It was shimmering in the sunlight.

"What's this?"

"A gift!"

"What! Where did you get this?"