A Threat and Their Traitor

(Eve POV)

I left the cafeteria with Eric, and we went outside.

"What is up with your friends" -Eve

"What do you mean?"

"I know you guys are doing something. What are you doing? And what are you planning?"

"Nothing. Nothing I want to be a part of"

"Okay, what about them?"

He looked at the school.

"I wonder how shocked you'll be when I tell you"

"I don't get shocked easily. The last time I did was when I found out about this magic stuff"

He sighed and looked at me with an emotionless face.

"We, or they, are on a mission to get your, and your friends', magic. We don't know his real name, but he calls himself Lotus. Adam is just an extra person, Amanda is the leader. Her shape-shifting magic is just a cover. Her real magic is Absorbing Magic. It's really what it sounds like. The only magic she can't absorb is your guys since it's given. They can't take your necklaces since they're stuck on you, so instead they're going to lead you to the boss. I quit a long time ago, so now I'm working as a double agent for headmistress Hearthworth"

"...wow...That's a lot of info"

"You're not surprised?"

"No, it's just a lot to process in my head at once"

He was staring at me intensely again. I just ignored it. The bell then rang and we went to class.

(Eric POV)

I saw the boys talking with the girls.

"Hey, guys..." -Eve

"Hey, Eve!" -Ellen

I found out that they were now dating the boys, and I saw that Eve got worried. Just then Maya was approaching.

"Hey girls! How are you"

"Oh, we're good" -Erin

I looked at Maya and she looked at me. I made my eyes point towards Eve.

Does she know?

I nodded very small so no one could see.

"Hey, Eve"

"Yeah?"

"The headmistress wants to speak to you after class. Same with you Eric"

"Oh? Ok" -Eve

After class Maya teleported us to the office.

"I see your stomach got used to my jumps"

"Shut up" -Eric

We entered the room.

"Hm? Maya? What's the meaning of this?"

"Mom, she knows about us and Eric"

"I only know a few things"

The headmistress sighed. She waved at Eric and Maya to leave. Now it was just Eve and the headmistress.

(Eve's POV)

"Can you please tell me everything? From the beginning. I have to know"

"The necklaces were made by one wizard. The most powerful wizard in ancient history, Mallian, the Element wizard. Because his magic was so strong before he died, he separated his 5 elemental magic into 5 necklaces. Which are the ones you and your friends are wearing right now. At first, they had guardians. Children or blood relatives of Mallian. But one day, 30 years ago, someone wanted to seize the power. That person was Lotus. He always had a hood on so no one knew what he looked like. He was supposed to become a guardian until his parents found out that he wanted the power for himself. One night he tried to take the necklaces but the magic consumed him. they took it off him and locked him up. They gave the necklaces to the past keepers before you. My friend was one of them, but the guardians chose wrong because they were in a rush, so they died. Lotus then killed every last guardian and entrusted the necklaces to me. My other friend was also a guardian. She said that the necklaces have a mind of their own so they will choose their Keeper. To find the chosen Keepers, and prepare them. That's when I built this school and found you 5. You were destined to be them. If you weren't, the necklaces would consume and destroy you once you've put them on. Eric betrayed them when school started and told me about their plan. I needed him to stay there as a double agent. That same goes for you. You need to pretend you fell for one of their love spells."