Chapter 1

A teenage boy with wavy black hair and sapphire blue eyes sat in Class 3-4 of Byuksan Middle School. A couple students were fighting amongst themselves, but the boy was one of the few who didn't care. Instead, he was laser focused on his drawing.

"Hmm," The red haired boy next to him said. "The whole class is going crazy around him and yet he's locked in textbooks, practice problems, practical knowledge books, and even literature. What is this kid's deal?"

"You and I are calm and ignoring the fight too," The black haired boy, Dara, said. "He probably doesn't find it entertaining so he doesn't watch it. Besides, fights like this happen all the time,"

"But this kid's different," Stephen told him. "Look at his fingers. They're bandaged. He's been at it to the point that his fingers blistered. Despite how he looks, he's reckless,"

"It's not that reckless," Dara rolled his eyes. "Since you're so intrigued by him, go and ask him out on a date,"

"Who asks strangers out on a date?" Stephen laughed. "He and I haven't even spoken. I just keep coincidentally running into him ever since freshman year at the podium. I'm always placing in various events and him, Gray Yeon, is always placing for his excellent grades,"

"Online dating and dating apps," 

"Huh?" Stephen was confused by what Dara was talking about.

"You asked who asks strangers out on a date," Dara pointed out. "That's my answer. People who use online dating and dating apps hook up with complete strangers that they've never even seen in person," He held up his art book. "So, how's my drawing?"

'It's absolute crap,' Stephen couldn't immediately answer. 'But he worked so hard on it,' "You're improving,"

"I'm gonna go and say hi," Stephen stood up.

"Can I be your best man at the wedding?"

"Dara, you can't just randomly ship me and Gray," Stephen sweat-dropped as he walked over to Gray's desk.

'Tell that to the fandom,'

XXX

"You placed first in the monthly exam class ranking?" Dara questioned when he saw the results. "I am surprised that you beat Gray,"

"How could you have no faith in your friend?" Stephen faked being hurt. "So Gray, how's that? I told you so, hahaha," He held up two fingers. "Peace sign of victory,"

Gray stared at him. 'What a weirdo,'

"He can get first place whenever he wants," Dara shrugged. "There's just no prize money so he doesn't bother with it,"

"I thought you were surprised that he beat me?" Gray asked.

"I was just joking," Dara chuckled. "He wins any academic competition out there with prize money and uses it to pay for the class expenses,"

"Won't it impact his chances of getting into a good high school?" Gray pointed out. 

"Gray, the whole world doesn't revolve only around school," Stephen grinned. "Hey, you wanna play some soccer with us during lunch?"

XXX

Gray, not having anything else to do except study, hung out with Stephen Ahn and Dara Na. In Gray's eyes, Stephen saw school as nothing but a playground. At least Dara was actually trying, although he stayed mostly in fifth to tenth place.

Stephen and Dara often went to Gray's house to play Takkan. "Hey Gray, wait a second!" Stephen frantically pushed at the buttons. "My uppercut isn't working. My controller's bugging out! I'm caught in a random loop!"