Chapter 20

"So how did the talk with Dara go?" Dad Kwan asked when Mom Go returned to their table.

"It went well," Mom Go replied. "I'm glad that he has a loving family," She turned to Donald. "Thank you for being there for him,"

"He's my brother," Donald claimed. "Of course I'd be there for him,"

'Why?' Mom Ji glared at Mom Go with envy. 'Why did she get to talk to Jayce so easily like that? Why was Jayce willing to talk to her more than me?' 

"Is something wrong?" Mom Go asked when she noticed Mom Ji's glare.

"Do you really think Jason would want you in his life?" 

Mom Go was slightly startled by the hostility in her voice but remained calm. "If he does not want me in his life, I will not force him. What matters to me is that he's happy and safe,"

"I'm surprised you didn't lose Jaden too," Mom Ji said passive aggressively. 

Kenny caught onto what his mother was trying to do. "Mom, stop,"

'If a fight breaks out, I know Donald's going to intervene,' Kingsley mentally sighed. 'I hope it doesn't escalate and Jake's mom stops trying to provoke Alex's mom,'

"What?" Mom Ji acted all innocent. "I'm just expressing my worry. Ms. Go already lost Jason due to her inability to keep him safe,"

Memories of her husband blaming her for Ace's disappearance flashed through Mom Go's mind.

"I'm just saying that I'm surprised that she hasn't lost Jaden alr—"

"Mom," Kenny glared directly into his mother's eyes. "Shut up," Kenny's threatening tone was a stark reminder that he used to be a gang member who beat people up for no reason.

Concerned by the darkened atmosphere, both the Eungang and the Daehyeon Boys approached the table. "Mom?" Alex asked. "Is everything alright?" 'If Donald threatened her, I'll kill him!'

"Kenny, what happened?" Dean questioned. 

"I was just reminding my mother here that if she doesn't have anything nice to say, then she should just shut the fuck up," Kenny replied. 

"She's the one who lost Jason!" Mom Ji argued. "Why are you making me seem like the bad guy!?"

"Honey, that's enough!" Dad Ji snapped. "Jaden was giving us a chance to meet him just like Dara had done, yet you're insulting Jaden's mother?"

'So those two are my biological parents...' Alex glanced at Mom Ji and Dad Ji. 'Those two have the same orange hair as that woman so the older one is my biological older brother and the younger one is mine and Dara's triplet,'

'Everyone's fighting because of me...' Dara thought. 'They're arguing because it's about me being kidnapped,'

"Dara," Gray put a comforting hand to his best friend's shoulder.

"Mrs. Ji, Mr. Ji, I think you guys should leave," Donald said.

"Stay out of this, brat!" Mom Ji snapped. "This is a conversation between adults!"

'Bitch...' Donald's eyes narrowed. 'If she weren't Jake's mother, I would fight her,'

"Leave," Mom Kwan ordered. "You're causing a scene,"

"I bet you think you're the greatest parent in the world because you raised Jason," Mom Ji glared at her. "Where did those scars on Jason come from? And I heard that he met Kenny in physical therapy. Face it, all of you are failures as parents! You all failed to protect Jason! He and Jaden would've been better off with me!"

"Failure as parents?" Donald scoffed. "Going by your own logic, I'm pretty sure you're a failure too,"

"I'm not—"

"You're questioning Dara's wounds?" Donald pointed out. "What about Kenny's? You failed to protect him, so you're a failure as a parent too,"

"That's—"

"And last time I checked, you weren't even the one paying Kenny's medical bills," Donald added. "So, who's the failure now? You can't meet your sons' needs,"

"Shut up!" Mom Ji shouted. "You're not even Jason's real—"

"Finish that sentence," Donald's aura became even more terrifying and he glared at Mom Ji with so much hatred and malice. "I fucking dare you to finish that sentence,"

"Mom, we're leaving!" Jake did not want to fight an enraged Donald. He knew that Donald was stronger than him and he owed Donald.

Mom Ji was scared, but she still stupidly decided to say what she wanted to. "You're not Jason's real brother!"

Before anyone could intervene, Donald grabbed Mom Ji by her hair and slammed her head down to the table. He grabbed the knife and stabbed it into the table just an inch away from her eye. "You know nothing about Dara. I was there for him for his entire life. I protected him. When we were living on the streets, I made sure that his needs came before my own. I will lay down my life for him! He is my brother!

"Leave," Dara spoke up. 

"Jason—"

"Leave!" Alex yelled. "Dara and I don't want anything to do with you guys!"

Jake quickly covered his mother's mouth before she could provoke anyone further. "We're leaving!" He, with the help of his friends, dragged his mother out of the restaurant.

XXX

"Dara, are you alright?" Donald asked as they drove home.

"I'm fine," Dara claimed. "Just...tired,"

Donald brought his brother into a side hug. "Don't let that bitch's words get to you, okay?"

"...Okay,"

XXX

"I hate her!" Alex said. "How could she say those things about my mother!? She doesn't even know me! My mom gave me an awesome life!"

'Dara said he was okay, but I could tell he was trying to remain calm,' Gray thought. 'I could tell that he was hurting, just like how Stephen was hurting. I'll check up on him tomorrow. I won't let him suffer alone,'

"Who were those guys who were around our age anyway?" Gerard asked.

"The oldest one, the one in the wheelchair, was Kenny Ji," Eugene informed. "The other orange haired boy...was Jake Ji,"

"Jake Ji!? As in the Rank 2 in the Shuttle Patch Rankings!?"

"Yeah," Eugene nodded. "I had my suspicions that it was him when we first entered, but I wasn't sure until we got a closer look at him and his friends. The other guys with him were Dean Kwan, Timothy Park, and Eunchan Hong,"

"Jake Ji or not, I don't give a fuck about who that bastard is!" Alex growled. "I will never acknowledge him as my brother and I sure as hell won't accept his parents as my own! We're connected by blood, but they aren't my family!"

Mom Ji got a little crazy with jealousy here.

And Dara is NOT okay.