Chapter 3

Bryce's behavior began to change. He walked over to a student who was minding his own business and reading. Bryce began to harshly knock on the boy's head. "Hey, hello? Hello? Is anybody home?"

"Please...stop..."

Dara didn't bother to step in. He didn't care about that no name student. The only people in this school he cared about were Stephen, Gray, and Mrs. Lee.

"Come on piggy, you're stinking up the classroom," He harshly pulled at the boy's stomach. "What are we gonna do with you? You sure this isn't filled with methane gas?" He continued to whack him on the head.

"Hey Bryce," Stephen spoke up. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, there you are, haha," Bryce didn't even bother trying to hide his bullying behavior. "Look at the fat on this fucking hog. It's super stretchy. He must've eaten the Gum-Gum Fruit or something, hahaha,"

"Uh-huh..." Stephen walked over to them. "Cut it out, Bryce. You should be nice to your friends," He slung an arm around the bullied boy and led him away. "You alright, Donny?"

Gray and Dara both saw the pissed off look on Bryce's face.

"His true colors are showing," Dara whispered to Gray. "I never liked him from the start,"

XXX

"You should all be aware that those who haven't finished their performance evaluation homework today will face corporal punishment," The teach ordered. "All of you who haven't done it, to the front of the class!"

Both Stephen and Dara noticed how Gray was rummaging through his desk, searching for his missing paper. Stephen was about to scratch his name off from his own paper, but Dara stopped him. "I always make a copy of important homeworks in case I lose them," He took out a copy of his own homework, used white-out to erase his name, and used a pen to write Gray's name. He handed it to Gray and quickly returned to his seat. 

'The hell? They're even willing to take a beating for each other?' Bryce noted. 'As for Gray's homework...I happened to grab it. But why isn't Dara going up to the front? If he gave his paper to Gray, then he shouldn't have a paper of his own! Dara should be facing corporal punishment along with those losers at the front!'

XXX

Bryce had began to hang out with Oswald Yang and his delinquents instead of with Stephen, Gray, and Dara. Dara was actually quite happier now that Bryce wasn't around. After playing a few rounds of basketball with Stephen, they returned to the classroom to find Gray reading books about self-defense,"

"Self-Defense Martial Arts? You're reading a self-defense book?" Stephen asked. "And what's this? Special Forces Hand-to-Hand Combat? So you're trying to be both brains and brawns, huh? Is that what this is, Gray? Haha,"

"If you want any tips, you can come to me," Dara offered. "Or you can even train with me. Well, I don't think I should spar against you just yet since I don't want to accidentally hurt you. You should build up your strength and stamina. You can join me on my workout routines if you want,"

"It's just fun to read about," Gray said. "Physical activity isn't my thing,"

"I still think you should at least learn the basics," Dara advised. "There's some delinquents in middle school but in high school is when it gets worse. I want you to be able to protect yourself. But if I'm there, I'll do whatever it takes to protect my friends," 'Donald's already formed a delinquent union and there's already a lot of members. That's just a small percentage of the complete number of delinquents in Yeongdeungpo,'

"Dara, you know how to fight?" Stephen inquired.

"Yeah, I know bits from each type of martial art," Dara nodded. "The one I use depends on who my opponent is,"

"Hey, isn't it hard seeing Bryce around these days?" Stephen looked over to the empty desk. 

"Oh yeah, he's been hanging with Oswald Yang's squad lately," Gray informed. "He even smokes,"

"What? Oswald Yang? Smoking?" Stephen became concerned. "That doesn't sound like him,"

"It exactly sounds like him," Dara claimed. "I never liked him from the beginning but didn't say anything since you guys were fine with him,"

"That aside, you up for a revenge title match in Takkan today?" Stephen asked, trying to change the subject. "Hey Dara, we've never been to your house, right? I brought my PX4,"

"Sure," Dara agreed. "My parents are on a business trip and my brother and his friend are out for the night," 'Since Bryce isn't here, I don't mind having Fen Fox and Gray Bear over at my house,'

"By the way, can I take a shower at your place? I'm super sweat from basketball,"

"Yeah, sure,"

XXX

"I thought you said that you lived with your brother's friend and his friend's parents?"

"I did,"

"This is a mansion,"

"The Kwan Family is very well off," Dara shrugged. "Let's go in and set up your PX4. I'll ask the cook to make some food for us,"

Dara led them to his room. As expected, it was very expansive. There were two levels connected by a white spiral staircase. The second level had a walkway which was bordered by a glass-like banister. Dara's room had a rock-climbing wall, a basketball half-court, an arcade station, a large white couch, a computer, a library of books and CDs, a private bathroom...basically a slightly smaller version of Adrien Agreste's room from Miraculous Ladybug.

"There are towels in the cupboard in the bathroom," Dara told Stephen.

"Huh?"

"You said you wanted to shower since you're sweaty from basketball," Dara reminded. "You can shower first and I'll shower after,"

"A-Are you sure?" Stephen stuttered. "I mean, this is your place. You should shower first,"

"It's fine," Dara told him. "I could shower in the bathroom down the hall, but I don't want to leave Gray Bear alone here since it'd make him feel awkward,"

Stephen awkwardly went to the bathroom to shower. 'Whenever we went over to Gray's house, I noticed that his parents weren't around often. Today, Dara said that his brother, his brother's friend, and the friend's parents were all out today. How often are Gray and Dara left alone at their homes?'

"You and Fen Fox aren't going to start treating me different, right?" Dara asked and Gray could hear the hesitation and worry in his voice.

"No," Gray assured him. "Money or not, you're still the same Dara Na,"

XXX

After a couple hours, Gray and Stephen left to head home. Eventually they split up to go their respective ways. Back at his house, Dara noticed that Stephen had forgotten his phone. He grabbed it and started to make his way to Stephen's house. When he found Stephen in an alley, covered in bruises, he was furious.

"I-I'm fine," Stephen lied.

"Who did this?" Dara demanded. "Who the fuck hurt you!?"

"Dara," Stephen stood up. "I'm fine. These wounds are nothing. I just fell down,"

"Fen Fox, I'm not fucking stupid!" Dara snapped. "You don't get these injuries from just falling down unless it's from a god damn staircase, not an alley!" His eyes narrowed. "Was it Bryce Oh?"

"N-No!" Stephen shook his head in denial. "Dara, please drop it! I'm fine!"

"No, you're not," Dara sighed. "Come on, I'll treat your wounds at my place," 'Bryce Oh, you piece of shit!'

Dara's pissed.