𝟎𝟏𝟎

CHAPTER TEN

( SHARON TODD )

TWO: UNUSUAL ACTIONS

"i hate that i want you so badly"

18th october 1994

"you will never believe what i just saw" sharon said grabbing daniel's attention as she lifted herself onto one of the countertops in the kitchen, daniel across from her mixing a bowl of red velvet cake.

"cedric and lydia kissing?" daniel guessed not lifting his head to look at the girl, although he did walk closer so he stood to her side leaning against the countertop she sat on.

the girl only hummed in reply making him finally look up at her in surprise, the girl however was more concentrated on the cake mix in his hands.

"red velvet? thought you were more a chocolate guy" sharon said as she raised an eyebrow before sticking a finger into the mix and tasting it, daniel removing his eyes from her face at the action.

"wanted to try something new" he shrugged as though it was nothing. daniel knew he did it because it was sharon's favourite though, it had been the flavour of her birthday cake for the past five years.

sharon didn't say anything but nodded in reply and watched as the boy walked to the other counter and began pouring the cake mix into the baking tray. they hadn't bickered in a few days and they'd been acting more like friends than frenemies which confused her.

"where's elena and tyler?" she asked before daniel finally put the cake in the oven and began his way to the sink to wash his hands. he momentarily glanced to her to answer.

"elena's in the library im pretty sure and tyler went to town with noah and camille" he found it odd how quickly tyler made friends with lydias parents but wasn't exactly surprised "why?" he found himself asking.

she tilted her head mockingly before grinning "because now im stuck with you" she joked before pretending to throw up. the boy rolling his eyes playfully before beginning to approach her.

"come on todd, thought we were friends now?" he took a chance and placed his hands on her knees which were bare considering the shorts she was wearing. she felt a shiver wrack her body as his wet hands stayed firmly on her legs.

she'd be a liar and a downright fool to say she didn't feel anything for daniel. five years of arguing and bickering led to her growing some kind of feelings for the boy, there may have been others who were nicer and more willing to do what she wanted but none of them could get her as riled up as he did, none of them made her laugh like he did. none of them were daniel.

she leaned in slightly their breaths mixing as his grip on her knees only tightened, both of their hearts beginning to increase quickly and daniel's confidence began to die down as she hadn't said anything yet.

"what're you doing?" she asked as she found him leaning in. and the funny thing is, she seemed to be copying him. was this what she expected to happen between them, obviously not. she didn't even know if it was the right thing.

"something i should have done a long time ago" he whispered his breath hitting her lips before he closed the gap between them and capture her lips in his own, his hands only pushing harder onto her knees to stabilise himself as her hands cupped the back of his neck.

the kiss wasn't slow or sweet it was messy and filled with hidden longing they had both kept hidden, she found herself opening her legs so he could stand in between, their bodies now pressed against each other. and as his teeth scarped her bottom lip she felt herself pulling back quickly with heavy breaths, the taste of the red velvet cake present in daniel's mouth and the feeling of vaseline now stuck to sharon's.

"should we be doing this?" she found herself asking although neither of them separating their bodies and her hands not leaving his neck but now finding themselves making their way into his hair. him trying to repress a groan as she began to pull small strands.

"probably not" he answered before pushing his lips back onto hers harder than before causing a moan to slip past her lips letting him sneak his tongue into her mouth, as they began mixing with eachother. 

his hands finding the bottom of her thighs and lifting her off the counter carrying her over to the wall and holding her against it before moving his lips to her jaw and her neck leaving small kisses which turnt to sloppy licks and him leaving bruises on the skin.

any sense of right or wrong left her body as she let herself be held by the gryffindor boy, her arms around his shoulder and his lips on her neck. this was all she had wanted whether she knew it or not and the consequences of their actions didn't seem important. all there was and should've been was daniel and sharon and that's all she let exist in that moment.

a blaring sound from the oven broke the two from their moment of bliss and she felt her body being dropped, her legs unwrapping themselves and hitting the floor quickly. both of their head snapping to the oven and daniel rushing over opening the oven door as puffs of grey smoke filled the large kitchen.

"shit!" he cursed under his breath as he grabbed a kitchen towel from the side and quickly went to remove the burnt cake from the oven. the what should've been red cake now charred with black.

sharon found herself quickly fixing her top and straightening her jeans as well as pushing her hair over her shoulders to cover her neck not knowing what surprises he could've left there. the boy used the towel to wave the smoke away before leaning over the counter and letting a small laugh leave his lips.

sharon wanted to walk out of the kitchen and never see him again but something about his laugh made her stay and before she knew it she was laughing as well, the burnt cake being a reminder of what had just happened

a moment of weakness between to people who supposedly hated eachother?

that's what sharon told herself but she knew just by looking at the lanky boy in front of her that there was no mistake about what had happened and she had finally given into her desires, or more specifically her biggest one. daniel grey.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE )

this was sort of a filler but anyway wanted to progress daniel and sharon, it's not gonna be easy between them lol like this is just a one time thing FOR NOW but anyway the angst im about to serve :)