𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

me and cedric may have been in the same house for over five years, but that didn't mean we had to be friends

me and cedric may have been in the same house for over five years, but that didn't mean we had to be friends. right? whoever you are, you can't possibly lie and say you're friends with everyone in your house. he didn't seem eager to be my friend, so i wasn't eager on becoming his.

however i knew of his existence and he knew of mine, or so i'd like to think. i mean i remember at the end of my fourth year, one of his friends, tyler jones, had asked me to hogsmeade. i declined however. merlin, i was so clueless back then. i just thought any one who asked me out felt bad that i had never had a boyfriend.

but cedric, cedric changed that. he showed me that people actually liked me. that people actually wanted to go out with me. but that's where my problem started. when i realised people actually liked me, i didn't like any of them. because as you probably saw coming, i had started liking cedric diggory.

now you may think, bloody this is brilliant. because if you knew cedric you probably knew we had something going on. i mean we were doing quite well at keeping our relationship discreet until nosy rita skeeter decided to poke her nose into our business. but do remember, not all relationships start out smooth anyway.

and mine and cedric's did have it's fair share of bumps. we had gone from acquaintances, to friends, to best friends to then have something which i still don't know what to call to this day.

and before you get any ideas of how our story went, don't even bother. although it was quite cliche i'll admit . it wasn't a like one of those muggle love stories you read. so let me take you back to the beginning. the first day i had properly thought of cedric diggory as a person and not just a fellow hufflepuff.

love, lydia blake