Chapter 31

Denim's POV

The other night, I brought Kassandra to a penthouse, the one I had recently bought for Brandy, Charlotte and I to move into after the wedding. I wanted something just to be for us and to get away from everyone.

For past week, I've been visiting Kassandra since she insists that we should get along for the baby. Though she would just ramble on about things that I'm going to have buy and nonsense about daycares.

"Kassandra I can listen to your bullshit another day, but I have to go before Brandy gets upset with me." I said grabbing my jacket.

"Where do you have to go?" She asks following me to the elevator.

"Just a dinner before-"

"-before the wedding tomorrow." Kassandra says softly.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah." I nodded my head. "

"Denim do you think you can stay a little longer today? I hate being here by myself." She states. "Five more minutes? Please Denim." Kass begs.

I sighed. "Kassandra you know I can't stay. It's bad enough that I'm lying to Brandy."

"Well where is this dinner? Maybe you can come by after."

"No." I tell her sternly. "Absolutely not."

She just doesn't get it. "Well can I at least come with you?"

I raised an eyebrow turning back to face her. "Are you fucking insane!?" I snapped

"...I can be ready in a few minutes." Kassandra smiles. "Oh Denim Please! It's going to be okay, I promise." She says gripping onto my arm.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

Kassandra laughs turning around. "Give me ten minutes then we can leave, alright?" She exclaims heading into the bedroom.

"...shit."

I picked up my phone that started to ring. "Brandy."

"Hi. Wh-where are you? Your mother is freaking out and-and I'm starting to freak out. Charlotte won't stop asking for you-"

"-Princess it's going to be alright. Just go with my parents and I'll meet you there. Okay?" I say trying to calm her down.

"Yeah, okay."

Can you give the phone to Julian?" I asked her looking over my shoulder as I checked to make sure Kassandra wasn't around.

"Denim where the fuck are you?" Julian questions. "And Brandy looks like she's about to cry. I don't know what to do." He exclaims.

"Well make sure she doesn't fucking cry, she's supposed to be happy and tell Nancy to bring everyone to the Blue Moon on 14th."

"Jesus Denim, I hope you're paying for everyone." He teases.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm leaving now. I'll see you there." I told him before I hung up. Not waiting another second, I got into the elevator. I knew leaving behind Kassandra would come back to bite in the ass, but I can just deal with it another time.

Brandy's POV

"No I Don't Want That One!" Charlotte cries. For the past twenty minutes, I've trying to calm her down, but everything I tried hasn't worked.

Denim's mother paced around the house making sure that everyone was getting ready. I don't think that this whole dinner is necessary. It's really just going to be Denim's family and maybe just both my parents even though they haven't said if they were coming or not.