Chapter 41 - The Final Chapter

Just like he promised me, Denim came home. Julian had gone home shortly after he dropped me off and I've been waiting around the house, watching the clock. I even made sure to get Charlotte in bed a little earlier just in case Denim would come home earlier. Of course, he didn't, which left me falling asleep on the couch until he did.

My eyes shot open right as the front door opened. Denim walks in from the cold rain and gently tosses his jacket on the railing. "Denim," I say as I quickly get off the couch. Walking over to him, I smile and place my hands on his face. "Hi. I missed you."

Without looking at me, he effortlessly pushes me back a little. I frowned as I watched him turn his back and walk down the hall towards his office. Behind him he closes the door, shutting me out. I knocked on the door before entering.

"How are you? Are you hungry? I can get you something to eat if you are."

Looking up at me from his desk, he places his hands together. "Why are you still up? It's the middle of the night."

I shrugged. "Well I wanted to wait up for you and we can talk a bit before bed," I tell him biting my lip.

"Go. To. Bed."

Denim never fails to treat me like a child. Before turning and leaving the room I walk around the desk. I sat myself down on his lap. "Brandy what the hell are you doing?" Denim takes my arm about to push me off him.

"I'm not tired. Besides, I don't mind staying up with you." I had pulled my arm back.

Denim groans. "Just go upstairs."

"But-"

I didn't get a chance to finish my sentence before Denim pushes me off him. "Jesus Brandy Get The Fuck Off Me! I'm Working." Denim growls. Standing up, Denim walks me out of his office. "I'll meet you upstairs if you leave now!" He says sternly.

Nodding my head nervously, I made my way upstairs to the bedroom. I didn't expect Denim to be so hostile towards me. I thought he would be happy to see me and to be home. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to have told him to leave when I found out about Claudia.

As soon as I got upstairs, I took off my clothes and threw on his favorite lingerie. I spent a little time fixing my hair and my makeup until I heard him walk into the room. Putting on the silk robe, I checked myself in the mirror before walking out. Denim looks me up and down then laughs under his breath. "Go put some clothes on. You look ridiculous."

Wrapping myself up with the robe, I tilted my head. "Do you not like this anymore?" I ask him. "I can put something else on."

Denim doesn't say anything to me. Feeling ashamed and embarrassed, I went and put something more appropriate on. As I went and climbed into bed, I stayed silent. I wanted to roll over and let myself be wrapped in his arms, but he's already upset and I don't want to make the situation worse.

It felt like an eternity as I waited to fall asleep. As Denim got into bed next to me, I rolled over a little closer towards him. "I love you," I whisper. Denim leans over as if he's about to kiss me, instead he turns off the lamp.

"Good night." He says simply.

"...night."

---

All-day, nonstop, Denim and I have been arguing. I got tired of him ignoring me and constantly pushing me away. "It is not my fault! You've been pushing me away the moment you walked through the door." I cried. Wiping the tears away from my eyes, I quivered leaning against the wall. "You are the most insensitive person I know! Sometimes I wish I never fucking married you!" I shout.