Chapter Seven

"So he's really in there? Alive?" I asked before getting out of the car. "Because-"

He nods. "I've been standing out here for almost fifteen minutes." Julian says. "I promise he's home."

"Can you-"

"Brandy." He says cupping my face. "Don't make me throw you inside."

I slowly made my way to the door. My hand shook like crazy as I reached for the doorknob. I eventually pushed opened the door to a dark hallway. Julian trailed in behind me heading straight to the living room. Everything looked the same like it was before I had left.

I walked down the hall towards his office. I stopped in front of the door. I heard small voice coming from the other side. Pushing down on the door doorknob, I slowly pushed it opened. "Denim-"

I stopped pushing the door completely opened. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll-I'll come back?" I said turning around and closing the door behind me.

She had long light brown hair. She didn't look much older from me. Maybe early twenties. Denim had her laying down on the desk as he hovered over her. Both shirtless. Neither of them saw me until I opened my mouth. I felt like crying, but something stopped me.

I walked into the living room standing in the frame of the entrance. "Can we leave?" I asked gently feeling the tears about to pour out. Julian stands up and walks over to me.

"What happened?"

"...he's with a girl. I thought you said-"

"Wait here." He says cutting me off.

Don't get me wrong. I am more than happy he's alive. I missed him, really missed him that I pained me to even think about him. As far as I know, when you claim that you love someone and decide that you want to marry them, I'm pretty sure that you don't go and cheat on them because they aren't around.

"Julian, no." I said holding him back. "Please don't do anything. It's okay." I say letting his arm go.

In the flesh himself. He looked different now. He has a slight bread growing in. Did he gain more muscles? Somehow he seemed taller. More...daunting? Denim walks over to me pushing right past Julian. He stares down at me without saying a word. I could tell he's studying me like a book.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I want to touch him, but I'm scared of what he might do. Why do I feel this way? I don't remember ever being afraid of him. "Julian leave." He says without taking his eyes off me.

I took a step back, he took a step forward. "Denim I-"

"Shut Up!" He says barely raising his voice. I looked away from him. A tear rolled down my cheek. He moved closer to me leaving almost no space left between us. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you." He says lifting up my chin to face him.

Denim had this different look in his eyes. I don't even recognize it. "Where's your ring?"

I looked down at my hand. It wasn't there. I don't remember taking it off. I frowned shortly. Did Declan do it? But why? Should I lie to him? Tell him that I misplaced it? "...I couldn't keep it." I said to him in a soft voice lowering my head. I can't lie, he'll know.

"I'm talking to you Brandy. Look at me when I'm talking to you." I lifted my head staring back into his cold eyes. "Why couldn't you keep the ring?"

Shit. What now? I shook my head. I can't lie to him though I think I should. It's probably in my best interest. "No. I lied. I-I...I don't know what happened to it. I know I always wore it, but-"

I stopped. "I'll get you a new one."

What do I say? I can't smile. "...Denim. Who's-"

"It's late. Go upstairs and get ready for bed." He says turning and walking away from me. He barely got down the hall before only turning his head back to me. "I Said Get Up Stairs!" He shouts.

I nod quickly making my way upstairs as fast as I could. I bit my lip entering his room. I don't even know if he wants me in his room anymore. The room was clean. Spotless in fact. He didn't change anything about the room either.

Going into the closet, I searched for some of my old clothes. There wasn't much, I managed to find a t-shirt and shorts.

"Brandy." Denim says sternly walking into the bathroom. He pauses just staring at me again. He smiles shortly as he shook his head. "You are sleeping in the guest room tonight." He says taking a firm grip on my wrist.

"Huh? The guest room?"

Dragging me out of the bathroom, he brings me down the hall to an empty room. He flicked on the light shoving me in. It had a bed and few blankets folded on top. Not to mention how cold it was in here.

I turned to him. "I thought you loved me." I asked before he shut the door. Denim quickly turns around making direct eye contact with me.

I didn't let him say anything to me. I pushed him out of the room closing the door. I locked it incase he tries to open it again. I stood there facing the door regretting my decision. Maybe I should have stayed with Declan though it didn't feel right. I still love Denim and I always will, but I really don't want to be treated like this anymore.