Chapter 19

Brandy's POV

Everyday I would cry to myself softly. I would pray that this horror will come to an end. No one felt safe anymore. Forcing themselves to stay inside all because of one person. Of course I'm the one to blame.

"This is all my fault." I say wiping the tears from my face as I turn off the TV.

I haven't been in touch with Christopher in a few weeks. It's been too much lately...well for him at least. When Denim found out that I had left him, he disappeared for a bit. No one could find him, but when he returned...things grew dark. I would watch the news fearful of what I would see next. Another death that Denim is involved with?

Forcing myself to get into the shower, I just stood under the warm water watching the soap run down the drain. I had no motivation to do anything. Just laying in bed hoping for something better.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel as I walked across the cold marble floor. Not being able to leave the house, I got extra comfy living in sweatpants and sweaters. Of course I had to hear it from my mother about being too lazy. Brushing out my hair, I heard repeated knocking on my balcony window. Opening the door, Christopher stood in the pouring rain. His lips were so blue. I pulled him inside, closing the door. I wrapped him in one of my blankets as he shivered quietly on my chair. 

"Christopher?" I asked sitting next to him. "Do you want to tell me what's going on?" 

He looks at me. The pinkish color starts to appear back to his lips along with the natural pink cheeks. "If it's about Denim, I can...-"

"No!" He says snapping his head over to me. "Brandy I promised you and your family that you will never see him again. I'm not going to let that happen." 

He did promise. He made an honest promise to keep me safe no matter what. Even if that means he is going to get hurt along the way. It breaks my heart that I can't help him or anyone that Denim has got his hands on. 

I bit my lip. "Okay. Well you should at least take a hot shower and I can get you some clean clothes. Alright?" I nod my head. 

Grabbing a towel and some clothes for Christopher, I heard talking to someone. Walking into the room, I noticed his bare chest. His bare chest that only had multiple bruises. Placing the clothes on the counter, I let my hand go along his chest. I stared up at him in shock. "Denim did this to you." I say taking a step back. "Christopher I'm so sorry. This is all my fault!" I exclaimed running my hand through my hair.  

He cups my face. "Brandy shut up." He says sternly.

I frowned. "Huh?"

"Brandy stop blaming yourself. It has nothing to do with you." Christopher says reassuring me. "You got that?"

"...yes." I told him.

I allowed Christopher to spend the night in my bed as he's probably too fed up with Denim at the moment. "Brandy. I have to ask? Why Denim? You had that Aaron who disappeared-"

"-by disappear...you mean that Denim took care of it? Right?"

He didn't say anything. "You know?"

I nod my head. "I mean I didn't want to admit it, Aaron was my best friend and always will be. I do miss him. I mean you guys would probably get along. He had a great sense of humor and always loved to go out on adventures." I smiled as I reminded myself of our early childhood memories. "You know he made me play with frogs?"

It was true. Aaron mysteriously had passed away from a drug overdose in the middle of night when I visited him. I didn't want to think that my best friend had left me for good while I was running around with a maniac. I pushed it way down inside refusing to ever let it come back up cause I wasn't sure how I would react or do. I don't think I would ever stop crying. Though I haven't really stopped in the last two months. 

Christopher sits up on his elbows laughing under his breath. "Princess Brandy Diamond playing with frogs? It's still raining outside, let's go and see if thats true."

"No!" I exclaimed laughing along with him. 

Christoper slowly started to open up to me. He told me about his childhood with Denim and Julian. How they were always at each other's throats and never in an agreement. But they all had amazing times together. Even went to the same school and had the same friends. But somewhere along the lines things just changed for them. I just don't know why they chose the life that did. They could have left the mafia business instead of part-taking in something so gruesome. 

"Why did you stay with Denim and play along with his evil tactics?" I asked him.

He turns to me. "Why did you?" 

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. 

"I guess we both have the same excuse." I say after we sat in silence. 

Christopher immediately removes his shirt moving in closer to me. "I've been wanting to do this since I fucking met you."

I tilted my head. "What are you talking about?" I frowned. 

Christophers pulls me down onto my back as he hovers over me. Smashing his lips on mine, he starts to tug gently on my pants. "Wait Chris-"

"-absolutely not Brandy." He says lifting my sweater off of my body.

His lips traveled down my bare chest as he grips onto my waist. He stopped for a second as he noticed the visible scars around my ribs and stomach. I felt his hands tense up for a second before he he went to remove my underwear with his teeth. Coming back up, he cold lips touched my neck.

Keeping me close to his warm body, I felt my arms wrap around him as I gently dig my nails into his back. He stops for a second and just looks at me with hungry eyes. "I'm sorry. We shouldn't-" He says about to push himself off me.

I stopped him. "-No. Don't stop." I smiled quickly. I watch a grin grow across his face. Pulling him back in, I threw my head back as I felt him slowly enter himself inside me. I held onto him refusing to let him go. This somehow doesn't feel wrong. It feels like butterflies in my stomach. 

"Christopher." I moaned out gently. 

-----------

Author's Note:

I know it's late, but do you guys wanna see what Brandy looks like?