i. Have a Field Day

i. have a field day
we're not worthy

CONFUSION AND worry consumed Ryan Mikaelson when he emerged from the depths of Josie Saltzman's fairytale riddled subconscious

CONFUSION AND worry consumed Ryan Mikaelson when he emerged from the depths of Josie Saltzman's fairytale riddled subconscious. After the impromptu trip inside the farthest reaches of the her mind, Ryan hoped that the lengths he and his sister, Hope Mikaelson, took to save her would transfer into the real world. And while Josie came back as the kind-hearted and compassionate girl everyone once knew, they didn't all return unscathed.

Instead of waking to find his sister awake and alert beside him, ranting about the strange experience inside their friend's head, Ryan found Hope still and unmoving. He knew something had gone wrong. They were supposed to wake as soon as Josie did. At the same exact time. All three of them. But Hope never did. She remained unconscious, seeming as though she were in some kind of deep sleep.

It didn't make any sense. They did everything right. Ryan and Hope did head-dives before and made it back every time together. But as he came to find out from their Headmaster, Alaric Saltzman, he missed quite a lot when he and Hope jumped into Josie's mind.

Not only did The Necromancer kill Rafael Waithe, but he made the boy kill Landon Kirby, his sister's boyfriend. He also brought Alyssa Chang back from the dead and seemed to have full control over her actions and Rafael's. To save his student's lives, Alaric made a deal a with The Necromancer. The Black Magic would be extracted from Josie's body and given to him. In exchange, the Necromancer would release his hold on Rafael and Alyssa, leaving them alive, and would bring Landon back.

Safe to say Ryan was reeling from the overload of information.

Soon after the revelation, Ryan and a newly resurrected Rafael moved Hope and Landon's unresponsive bodies into the foster-brothers' room. Alaric advised them to keep the nature of their afflictions to themselves, not wanting to set off the student body, who were still coming to terms with Josie's reign of Black Magic terror. No one wanted to start another round of panic.

As night continued to drag on, Ryan grew increasingly worried about Hope and Landon. Both of them were supposed to wake up and neither one of them showed any signs of consciousness. He paced the length of the room, read through every grimoire and book he could think of that mentioned sleep spells or curses, and resisted the urge to wolf out every time he came up with no viable answers.

With a huff of frustration, Ryan tossed one of the thick books onto the floor with a thud. The pages rustled, but he didn't care to look at the damage he caused. He fumbled into the pocket of his sweatpants and pulled out his phone. He knew that he shouldn't make the call, knowing that Alaric would be more than pissed with him, but he didn't care. They needed help, and he was tired of always having to run things by the man.

Alaric was human and didn't know how the supernatural world worked, even though he thought he did. And Ryan was not about to risk his sister and her boyfriend's lives because of his ego.