v. Acceptance

v. acceptance
this is what it takes

THE END-OF-MALIVORE celebration continued on into the late night

THE END-OF-MALIVORE celebration continued on into the late night. Music thumped, students danced and drank their fill of alcohol, while the faculty seemingly disappeared to enjoy a drama-free slumber. It was everything Ryan could've ever hoped for since the first forgotten monster appeared on their doorstep two years prior.

     They were finally at peace. At least, as much of peace a school of supernaturals could obtain.
Kaleb's freestyle rap filtered through the loud speakers placed around the back patio of the school. Depleted kegs were magically replenished, and a varying age of teenagers drank and chatted to their hearts' content.

     Ryan didn't think he would return to the party after his talk with Josie, but she convinced him to have some fun for a change. And while he was far from the partying type, he did manage to relax enough to listen to Lizzie's 'woe is me' speech.

     Apparently, Lizzie realized she had feelings for MG, but they came too late when she witnessed the vampire makeout with Alyssa Chang. Ryan actually felt bad for her. After all, it sucked when the person you like turned out to be with someone else. He knew that firsthand.

Ryan leaned against a table that held a variety of snacks and plastic cups half-filled with the cheap beer. Lizzie stood next to him, filling her own glass from one of the few kegs around the patio.

     "I'm still never going to get used to you and my sister being together," Lizzie voiced, squeezing the keg's nozzle to expel the yeasty liquid inside. "I mean, I know I called it from a mile away, but seeing it is a whole different ballgame." She cringed as she glanced his way. "Does this mean I'm gonna have to deal with two lovey-dovey, vomit-inducing Mikaelson romances?"

     Ryan rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help the light grin that graced his lips. "Oh, Lizzie, forever the fifth wheel," he quipped, causing the girl to crying even harder.

     "Oh, God! I wish I hated you, again." Lizzie dropped the keg's nozzle and lifted her drink to take a swig.

     "Awe, but then who would listen to your sci-fi rants?" Ryan questioned, bringing the blonde to whip in his direction.

     Lizzie pointed at him with her free hand. "You say another word, and I'll motus your ass into the pool."

     Ryan snorted. "Touchy."

     Before Lizzie could retort, another person knocked into her arm and forced her drink to slosh over the cup's rim. She whirled around to curse them out, but she huffed at the sight of her friend. "Geez, you could watch where you're going, Hope."