iii. Always and Tomorrow

iii. always and tomorrow
salvatore: the musical!

TO RYAN'S surprise, the next week drifted on with little to no drama

TO RYAN'S surprise, the next week drifted on with little to no drama. At least, supernatural drama. With Rafael safely secured inside his Prison World, a new tension rose between Hope and Landon. The loss of the boy's Phoenix abilities hit him hard, resurfacing an old fear that he no longer belonged with Hope. That she no longer wanted to be with him.

A ridiculous notion, of course. Anyone could see that Hope loved Landon, with or without immortality. If he wanted to give into his insecurities, that was his problem.

Hope deserved better than someone who broke up with her without a proper conversation about the subject, anyway.

The real surprise about the week came with the arrival of Ryan and Hope's father, Klaus Mikaelson. True to his mother's word, the man made it to Mystic Falls the day they said goodbye to Rafael. And although he voiced his clear annoyance and anger with how they neglected to tell them about everything that happened in the last few years, especially the last few months, he quickly fell into the role of an average father visiting his children at boarding school.

Ryan was shocked, to say the least. He figured Klaus would want to obliterate Alaric, once he made sure both he and Hope were alright. But, he had a sneaking suspicion that Raylynn had something to do with his behavior. After all, Caroline did bring her on to fix things at the school, not make them worse. And Klaus killing the Headmaster would certainly throw a wrench in their plans.

One morning, Ryan claimed a barstool in the kitchen of the Mikaelson Mansion. A bowl of Fruit Loops sat on the countertop before him as he spooned the colorful circles into his mouth. Hope sat next to him, telekinetically spinning a pencil atop her open sketchbook in front of her. Since their parents were in town, they decided to spend as much time with them as they could. Ryan because he was bored, and Hope because she wanted to avoid her ex, not ex, Landon Kirby.

Ryan swallowed a mouthful of cereal and looked over to the blank pages of his sisters sketchbook. "You gonna draw anything anytime soon?" he quipped.

Hope snapped out of her daze, forcing her pencil to pause. She gave him a look. "You gonna stop being annoying anytime soon?" she shot back.

Ryan huffed. "Testy."

"Now, now, children. It is too early in the day for such hostility," the boisterous voice of Klaus Mikaelson registered as the man himself waltzed into the room. "Please resume your argument after lunch."

Ryan looked to where his father walked around the central island where he and his sister sat with furrowed brows. "We'll be at school then."

Klaus grinned toward his son. "Precisely."

Ryan rolled his eyes and finished off his cereal.