Chapter 13-Service

(Mind you Master Oogway's body didn't really disappear with his soul)

-Y/n's POV-

All was well after Tai Lung, I smiled at Crane as we flew back to the Valley of Peace after we gathered some chrysanthemums to put them together in a stack.

When we arrived back, I noticed how there were stacks upon stacks of white clothing, and large packets of joss paper in a wagon.

I whispered to Crane,"Wait hold on, today's Master Oogway's funeral??"

Crane turned to me and tilted his head in a questioning manner,"Of course! Why did you think we gathered the chrysanthemums?"

I mentally facepalmed myself, how did I forget?

He rolled his eyes and patted my back,"Oh well, come on, let's head back to the Jade Palace to put down this thing."

I was kind of embarrassed to be honest, but decided to shrug it off.

-Time skip to the palace-

Everyone was hurrying around the palace, a feng shui reader was clutching onto their feng shui compass, the funeral workers were carrying everything up here, the joss paper, sweets, weird pink paper helpers, you name it.

Crane and I met up with the other furious five members.

I grinned upon seeing Tigress, and engulfed her into a hug, "Tigress!"

She chuckled and looked at Crane and I, "Lovely date was it?"

A light blush tinted my cheeks, wait huh? as I whisper-yelled, "It wasn't a date!"

"Whatever you say n/n." She teased.

"Oh well," I grumbled, "Let's go change." Referring to the outfits we had in our grasp.

"I'm so excited about the outfits!!" Mantis yelled.

After that, we were all sporting white tops and trousers.

Mantis groaned,"This is the most uncomfortable I've been. I would like to cry."

Viper remarked, "I thought you were excited about the outfit?"

"Oh please, I didn't know what I was getting myself into!" He complained.

Po comforted him, "Mantis come on, we're doing this for Master Oogway right?"

Mantis reluctantly gave way and we returned back to the lobby.

While we were sitting in the lobby again, my mind wandered to other things.

I began thinking about my recent hangouts with Crane, whenever I hug him, he would grow flushed? Dad never taught me much about these things, is he sick? Is he having any problems?

But my thoughts were quickly dismissed when the funeral master beckoned us into a room.

From there, we saw Master Shifu looking fondly at a casket.

-Timeskip to the end of the funeral service-

We were done with the funeral service for the day, I sat at the edge of the Jade Palace, feeling the soft breeze blowing against my feathers, I sighed, today was quite tiring. We had to stand for hours on end, but anything to show respect to the late Master.

Staring out into the distance, I could see dozens upon dozens of mountaintops, waiting for me to explore. I stared down at my wings, wiggling them.

Slowly drifting to my thoughts, my mind went to the handsome, I mean, my teammate, Crane.

Why did he noticeably blush sometimes? Huh, come to think of it, I don't really see him blushing among the other groupmates. I paused, before realising, did he have a crush on me?

I chuckled. I wish, he wouldn't have a crush on a lowly kung fu master wannabe like me.

Speak of the devil.

Hearing a slight "whoosh", I turned around to find Crane, in all of his feathered glory. I ignored the dashing roan before me and turned back to the gorgeous view.

While changing my thoughts to the late Master, I couldn't believe that he really was gone. I was reminiscing about the times I had with Master Oogway, but not before long, my thoughts had changed yet again. My mother and father. I felt a pang of sadness, why had they left me? Why did they get attacked? Something didn't add up. Mother and Father were peacekeepers you could say, they helped guard the Temple of the Past, Present and Future, they were respected, I can't imagine why would another go as low as to kill my parents.

I was so engulfed by the memories of my past life, so I accidentally left a few tears astray. Crane, noticing the tears, sat down next to me and gazed at the sight, deciding to break the silence, he asked, "Hey Y/n, are you alright? You haven't had your dinner yet, the others decided to eat first."

I turned to him as tears started to well up in my eyes, I.. I looked pathetic.

-Crane's POV-

She looked... so broken, so fragile.

I've never seen her like this before.

As if I was acting solely on my instincts, I hugged her.

She smelled like peach blossoms in spring, she was so... lovely.

Hugging her, I whispered to her ear, "Do you want to talk about it?"

She released herself from my grasp and looked me in the eye, she looked hesitant at first, but decided to answer, "Yes, ...please."

-Y/N's POV-

I stared at the eaves and began pouring my thoughts out.

"I- I guess I was reminded that my parents might be dead with Master Oogway's death. At first, I was oblivious to the fact that Dad might not have been my real father, though we both were birds, the truth became clear when I was thirteen years old and was wondering why I was taller than my father, so I did what everyone else would do, question my father about it."

I turned to look at Crane, "He told me about my past, of how he was a villager living near the Temple of the Past, Present and Future, of how he took me under his wing when he saw me huddled in a pile of crates, of how... my parents."

I took in a deep breath, and stated sternly, "Of how my parents might've been killed in the invasion."

Staring into his warm gaze, I became calm and closed my eyes, dipping my head.

"I wish I could've done something. It's all my fault."

I felt two wings lifting me up. Opening my eyes I saw Crane smile reassuringly. 

"Y/n Ping, it was never your fault that your parents got attacked, and it wouldn't be you to blame for the defeat of your parents. You were an infant for crying out loud! If you were only a tad bit older then of course you and your parents would've defeated them, you're so strong," He stroked my jaw in a soothing manner, "I admire you a lot, from the first duel we had...." He chuckled, "I hope you know that."

"Now let's go have dinner."

-

Hi friends! Sorry for the short chapter lol, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME PROMPTS!!!

-Salami 1118 words