Chapter 7- Saving the Five

Y/n's POV

Y/n...

Y/n..... y/n....

Y/n!

I groaned in pain from my headache.

"..What?" I squinted my eyes and began to sit up, when I realised that I was face to face Crane, our beaks barely touching.

"Oh um, sorry." My eyes widened and began to stand up.

Crane smiled bashfully and also stood up, "Heh.."

I suddenly remembered why I randomly fell unconscious, as I laid my eyes on the broken and tattered bridge before me, Tai Lung.

I gasped, staring down, I saw Tigress, Monkey, Mantis and Viper, all laid down on the floor, each of them holding onto their abdomen like it had inflicted a lot of pain to them, they were paralyzed by him.. by Tai Lung..

Crane casted me a comforting glance and shared his plan with me, "So, first, we have to go back the Jade Palace to warn Master Shifu and Po."

I was concerned for my physical well-being, "What did you just say??"

"By that I mean carrying the others back." Crane rolled his eyes and laughed, "I'm pretty sure you can handle this, Y/n."

I huffed, "Fine, we shall begin now."

***

Crane flew with ease as Monkey and Mantis, but me? Not so much. Have you wondered how heavy Tigress was? Well, how does a hundred and seventy kilograms sound?

Crane gave me the liberty of carrying the female members of the five that were left unconscious.

I stared down at the woods, deep in thought as I carried my own weight.

Wings flapped, flapped and flapped and flapped.

I remained deep in thought when the noise came closer, my gaze averted from what was below me and went to my right side, I raised a brow, looking at Crane with a confused look.

"What are you doing?" My eyes gazing at the male Crane, I try to give off a carefree vibe, hopefully I did that correctly.

Crane was a bit taken aback by my bluntness, he cheekily smiled instead, "Just seeing if you need help is all."

I was staring straight ahead when he spoke, processing what he had said, I whipped my head sassily to him, "Excuse me? Who beat you up in the Jade Tortoise of Wisdom?"

"You.. did.." Crane shrunk back and nervously answered.

"Hmph! Exactly!" I held my head high up in mock-contempt.

Crane rolled his eyes and as he flew closer to me, his feathers brushed against mine for a millisecond, oh my god this is going to be so awkward.

"Race you back, we have to alert Master Shifu about Tai Lung." I looked back at him and dived down, the wind was whooshing past my ears, I love flying, it gives me this strange thrill that makes me enjoy living more.

He gaped at me in surprise, then proceeded to dive for the victory that is to get to the Jade Palace as quickly as possible.

I laughed, gliding across the sky with my weight at my talons, it certainly wasn't as easy as before without any extra weight, but this'll do for now.

Crane caught up with me and also glided, "What took you so long? Are you getting old? Should I call you Grandpa Crane now?" I teased, a smirk graced my features.

"Hey! Being twenty two is not old! How old are you anyways?" Crane whined in dismay.

"I'm twenty." I stuck out my tongue, blowing raspberries.

"We're only two years apart, Y/n!"

"Still makes you old!" I winked at him, I also caught him blushing but I dived down again, knowing that we're near.

Although we're having fun flying back, let's just say we aren't in really good condition, my beak may be chipped and Crane's right leg was as hard as a rock.

I scanned the surroundings below me for the Jade Palace, come on.. come on...

Soaring through the sky, I recognised one of the mountains that were near the palace, I yelled in glee, "Crane! We're almost there!"

Immediately reacting to my words, he flew to my level and a smile lit up his face, "Finally! My limbs feel like they're being torn apart."

***

Every flap of the wing was making me exhausted, Crane as well.

We were nearing the Jade Palace, a desperate yell was made to alert Master Shifu of our arrival.

I saw Master Shifu and Po going through the gates of the palace, so I tried to go a bit faster, ultimately resulting in me falling onto the ground,letting go of Viper and Tigress. I was sprawled out on the ground, Crane did the same, but he was in far worse condition than I was.

Po threw his large backpack aside and ran over to us, "Guys? Guys!"

"They're dead?! No, they're breathing! They're asleep?! No, their eyes are open..." Po stared at us in worry.

Crane was out of breath, his feathers were ruffled, "W..we were no match... for his nerve attack."

Master Shifu furrowed his eyebrows, "He has gotten stronger..."

Shifu poked Mantis' chi points and freed him from his frozen state.

Po's eyes widened in fear,"Who? Tai Lung? Stronger?"

Shifu started freeing Monkey while Po leaned over to see. Monkey was released from his paralysis and delivered a punch to Po's head.

"He's too fast!"Monkey panicked, now realising where he is and who he had just punched, he apologised, "Sorry, Po."

Shifu kneeled before Tigress and freed her, she woke up with a gasp for air. Now knowing where she is, she stared down at the ground, ashamed, "I thought we could stop him."

"He could have killed you." Shifu murmured.

Mantis was battered, he asked, "Why didn't he?"

Master Shifu stood on Viper on all fours to loosen her muscles, "So you could come back and strike fear into our hearts. But it won't work."

While Shifu spoke, Po's eyes were wide and fearful, he glanced around his surroundings , "Uh, it might... I mean, a little. I'm pretty scared."

***

yo im just ending the chapter here for now, sorry for the loss of words im soooooo tiredddd and i have a book talk assignment I'm not even done yet it's so sad.. so cheesssyyy

-Salami 1000 words