004

'Cause I couldn't stand to face you
'Cause I liked what I saw

~

"Y/L/N!" Komori yelled as he was arranging the shoes.

"Yeah?" Y/L/N asked.

"Could you please check on Sakusa? He's assigned for the cashier today." Komori said.

"Got it!" Y/L/N said and walked away to help Sakusa.

As to Y/L/N's surprise, Sakusa handled the transaction well. Sakusa wasn't avoiding eye contact, but he still has his gloves and mask on. Something was quite odd about him today, Y/L/N thought. When the customers went out of the store, Y/L/N walked up to Sakusa.

"Sakusa-kun." Y/L/N quietly said.

"Oh! Hi!" Sakusa got startled.

"Everything okay?" Y/L/N asked.

"Yeah, why?" Sakusa replied raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Well, Komori-san asked me to check up on you and how you're handling the counter today. It seems like you have it under control." Y/L/N chuckled, impressed of him.

"Yeah, I wasn't under pressure or anything." Sakusa subtly bragged, but Y/L/N caught him.

"Cool. Okay, well, I am seeing another customer coming this way so I'll get going." Y/L/N smiled and turned away from Sakusa to go back and arrange the clothing rack.

After leaving Sakusa at the counter for 5 minutes or so, the others heard yelling from where Sakusa was. Komori, Yamamoto, and Y/L/N immediately went to Sakusa's place. They all saw how the old lady made Sakusa uncomfortable.

"Hello! What seems to be the problem?" Komori asked while standing in front of Sakusa.

"This staff of yours isn't talking to me. Why is that?" The lady annoyingly asked.

"Well, if you could calm down and ask him nicely, I'm sure he would've responded. There's no reason to shout in the store." Komori calmly said.

"No reason? This man hasn't helped me with my concern." The lady rolled her eyes and huffed looking away.

Sakusa was looking down at his feet trying his best not to cry in front of the counter. Y/L/N gently grabbed his wrist leading him to the back room so he wouldn't hear the mean things that the lady was saying. Yamamoto was worried about Sakusa since he isn't much of a talker and people kept pressuring him to talk more. Yamamoto stood close to Komori getting irritated at how disrespectful the lady talks to his elder brother.

Yamamoto thought of Komori as an elder brother because it had been exactly 3 months since he and Y/L/N started working there. Komori and Sakusa have been really nice and welcoming to the both of them. Yamamoto felt that they weren't just employees to them, but good friends.

As Y/L/N and Sakusa reached the back, Y/n closed the door behind them and let Sakusa breath for a while. Sakusa sat on the chair with his head still looking at the ground and not saying a word to Y/L/N. Y/L/N was worried about Sakusa because he hasn't talked for 10 minutes.