Chapter Three

Three weeks had passed since the conclusion of the Akatsuki Invasion of Suna, in which the organization of S-class missing ninjas, led by Obito Uchiha, was destroyed, and the Konoha-Western Conflict, in which a group of high-ranking ninjas led by the two Sannins, picked a fight with the Emperor and his wife, the Empress, resulting in the deaths of sixteen Konoha Anbu Black Ops, the maiming of several high-ranking Jounins, a noble clan head and the death of Kakashi Hatake.

Upon their return to the West, Naruto had taken Obito to the sword, which was followed by Kurama incinerating his body. As a final indignity, Naruto pissed on the ashes. In the month following that incident, Konoha's standing as the strongest of all the ninja villages in the East has plummeted. Suna had taken Konoha's spot as the strongest of all the ninja villages, with both Konoha and Iwa tied for No.2. With Konoha knocked down a peg, Naruto and Hinata initiated Imperial Protocol 110482.

Originally called Operation Kill the Assholes as a joke between Naruto and Hinata, Imperial Protocol 110482, also known as Operation Scorched Leaf - was a series of plans developed by Naruto and Hinata that would, in the end, lead to Konoha's destruction. Sending in his army would be too tedious for Naruto, which is why he came up with this plan. Once Naruto and Hinata became rulers of the Western Empire, the plans were revised and revamped. Following their return to Kimon, Naruto, and Hinata put their plan into action.

A week after returning to Kimon, Naruto sent out a series of scrolls detailing not only the failed Akatsuki Invasion of Suna and the confrontation between the Western Empire and the Konoha ninjas but also details in regards to the Akatsuki, Obito and The Eye of the Moon Plan. The results were as Naruto and Hinata had expected, which had damaged Konoha even further, sowing mistrust in Konoha. Of course, Tsunade and the Fire Daimyo denied the accusations, saying that what Naruto was doing was out of spite. But seeing as how they had favored a potential traitor over a hero, their denials fell on deaf ears.

In response to the Western Empire's actions, Tsunade, Jiraiya, and the Fire Daimyo responded by revealing that the Western Empire had the Jinchuurikis in their possession, and they had fought in the Suna-Akatsuki War, hoping to use the political pressure from the daimyos and the other leaders to force Naruto into surrendering the Jinchuurikis back to their respective villages.

However, Tsunade was a day late and a ryo short. The daimyos which had the major villages had already known that Naruto and Hinata had long since retrieved the Jinchuurikis, and allowed them to do so in exchange for a promise of non-aggression on their end. Should the leaders raise a stink over the loss of the Jinchuurikis, then the daimyos will pull them back in line.

This did not sit well with Tsunade and Jiraiya.

{Konohagakure no Sato, the Land of Fire}

Jiraiya walked into the office. The one-armed Toad Sannin's expression was grim and has been grim since the fateful mission into Suna. The stump on where his arm used to be served as a reminder of what Naruto had become.

Tsunade looked up from her paperwork. "Well? Did you hear anything?" she demanded.

"Bad news all around," replied Jiraiya. "From what my informants have told me, it appears that the brat is two steps ahead of us. The daimyos have long known that Naruto had taken the Jinchuurikis. In fact, they allowed him to do so in exchange for a promise of non-aggression on his end."

"Which means that their respective leaders can't do anything," Tsunade seethed. "What about Naruto and Hinata's Bingo Book entries?"

Jiraiya shook his head. "They were voided out. The brat and the Hyuga have been recognized as rulers of a sovereign nation, which as you know, carries an automatic diplomatic immunity. Honestly, I never expected Naruto to be this cunning. Whatever he thinks, he knows how to counterattack." He looked at his stump of an arm before turning back to his former teammate.