Chapter Four

{South Ichiyama, Western Empire - two months later}

Following Naruto's appearance at The Five Kage Summit and his delivering the invites to the Five Village Leaders and Mifune, Tsunade had returned to Konoha and summoned the Konoha Council to tell them of this recent development. Sasuke Uchiha was the first to volunteer with Danzo's backing. Yugao Uzuki and Asuma Sarutobi also signed on, as his rehab would be finished by then and he would be placed back on active duty. Lastly was Fujiko Masuda. Accompanying Tsunade and her team to South Ichiyama was Jiraiya and a representative of the Fire Daimyo.

South Ichiyama was one of the Southern Region's largest cities, home to a thriving tourist industry. The largest city in the Southern Region was home to several casinos, restaurants, parks, theaters, geisha houses, and even a brothel. The city itself was built around a small mountain, with the mountain itself now the largest colosseum on the continent. It was also the site of the final battle of the Unification War, and the site where Naruto and Hinata's forces had signed the treaty which ended the Unification War and brought a new age to the West. Tears' Point, the memorial shrine built to honor the casualties of the Unification War, was located three miles away from where the treaty was signed.

It was also the eve of the Imperial Kumite - the annual tournament that the Western Empire held once a year. The best of the best were invited to compete for honor, wealth, and prestige in the Western Empire. It made the Preliminary Chunin Tournament that Konoha had held during Naruto and Hinata's time as Genins look like a schoolyard fight. The Imperial Kumite was no-holds-barred, anything goes. Jutsus and weapons were allowed. Bloodline-based abilities were allowed, and the Ichiyama Colosseum was specifically designed for that purpose.

Neji Hyuga and Rock Lee had fought in the Imperial Kumite for the first time in the previous year. Suffice to say, they both learned quickly that the fighters played for keeps. Despite making it to the semi-finals, Neji was defeated by A, the year's previous champion, and Rock Lee was beaten by Takashi Chiba. This time around, the former Raikage decided not to join in the fray, but rather watch from the sidelines. This year, however, the Kumite was different, as this time, the five major ninja villages were invited to the tournament.

However, the tournament has a secondary purpose, as it had something to do with Operation Scorched Leaf.

That secondary purpose was the humiliation of Konohagakure no Sato, the Fifth Hokage, the Land of Fire, and lastly, Sasuke Uchiha. With this final humiliation, Sasuke would do his part and leave for Otogakure no Sato.

South Ichiyama was also the summer home of the Emperor, with the Imperial Villa being the summer palace of the Emperor and Empress. A good portion of the summer was spent in the Southern Region, beginning at the tail end of the Unification Festival, as Naruto and Hinata inspected the Pekara Merchant Houses in the region and visited the villages. It was half the size of the Imperial Complex, but it was still spacious enough for the Uzumakis and their guests.

Naruto and Hinata Uzumaki had arrived in South Ichiyama a week earlier with their child, Minato. Misako Hyuga, Hanabi Hyuga, Neji, and Tenten Hyuga also accompanied them, along with little Hizashi.

In the year following their arrival in the West, Misako had become a respected member of the Imperial Council. Hanabi had taken over as head of the Hyuga Clan and was a powerful kunoichi in her own right. It was even confirmed that she was romantically involved with Maru Sarutobi. Neji became the commander of the military police force assigned to protect Kimon and the surrounding areas with Kiba as second lieutenant. His wife Tenten was a valued member of Yugito's Hellcats.

Misako and the Imperial Council knew of Operation Scorched Leaf and had given Naruto and Hinata their full blessing on the matter. Aside from the occasional threat from Konohagakure and from the Fire Daimyo, they could do nothing. When Tsunade threatened to invade both Wave and Spring, Naruto had retaliated by threatening to unleash the Hiraishin upon the Konoha ninjas. If his late father had killed three hundred Iwa ninjas in the last war, then what would happen if he used the Hiraishin with a couple of Shadow Clones?