Epilogue

Epilogue: Version A

{From the History of the United Western Empire...}

With the success of Operation Scorched Leaf, Konohagakure no Sato was finished as a major player in the ninja world. The more superstitious people believed that the ruins of Konoha were cursed, and even the bandits avoided the ruins like the plague. The Konoha civilians, led by Yuri Tsuchida, Genma Shiranui, Ebisu, and Iruka Umino, saw that they had nothing to return home to following the destruction of Konoha. The survivors attempted to rebuild but found it difficult. Led by Yuri Tsuchida, Genma Shiranui, Ebisu, Iruka Umino, and over two hundred Jounins, the Konoha Remnants attempted to settle down, but each time, rival ninjas attacked their group, thus driving down their numbers even further.

In desperation, Yuri Tsuchida, Genma Shiranui, Ebisu, and Iruka Umino had appealed to the Fire Daimyo for aid but were turned away. The Fire Daimyo - on the threat of invasion on the orders of the other countries, given that he had supported Konoha's attempts to destabilize the other villages and their daimyos - had turned the remnants away in order to keep his position as Daimyo of the Land of Fire. That and the Fire Daimyo had agreed not to reestablish Konoha or another ninja village on his lands in order to keep the other countries from invading, following Naruto releasing information regarding his past attempts to cripple the rival villages and their daimyos through Danzo's Root Anbu.

The last anyone has seen of Yuri Tsuchida, Genma Shiranui, Ebisu, Iruka Umino, and the Konoha Remnants was that they were on a ship heading south to Temujin's Continent. They were never heard from again.

In the West, the eight clans who had defected from Konoha had made a name for themselves in the Western Empire. Hinata's aunt, Misako Hyuga, had become known for being the diametric opposite of Ryuji Uzumaki's hot-headed personality. Her niece, Hanabi Hyuga, would establish herself as one of the finest diplomats that the Western Empire had to offer, serving in the Land of Spring as its representative. She was also a fine kunoichi, with her skills in Jyuuken becoming legendary. After returning from the mandatory four years abroad as the West's ambassador, she returned to Kimon, married Maru Sarutobi, had three children, and settled down as clan head. Moegi and Udon both married each other, had three children, and settled down in Kimon as well.

Kiba Inuzuka served as the second lieutenant of the military police with Neji Hyuga as commander. He married Mina Mikon, and together they have four children. The two of them lived happily in the Inuzuka compound in Kimon, where Kiba eventually became head of the clan. His mother Tsume became his advisor and his big sister Hana became head of the Veterinary Hospital in Kimon with her husband, Akio Saito.

Shino Aburame was assigned a position as the Western Empire's liaison with Shikamaru Nara. He eventually married Fu and had three sons.

Sakura Haruno, the former apprentice to Tsunade Senju, ends up marrying Kazuya Watanabe of Zabuza's Demon Brigade and working in the Kimon Hospital with Mina, Shizune, Karin, and Ino as a renowned medic ninja. Together they have two daughters. They were going to try for another one soon, as Kizashi and Yua wanted more grandchildren to play with.

What was formerly known as Team Guy - now known as Team Nine - also achieved success in the West. Tenten Hyuga had worked her way up the ranks, becoming a skilled weapons master in her own right. Rock Lee, having shed his Mini-Guy image, became famous for his Taijutsu, earning him the nickname 'Kimon's Green Dragon.' Aside from serving in the Imperial Defense Forces, Rock Lee also trained rising warriors at the Imperial Academy, which is where he also met his wife Arekusu Yamaha, a former Konoha kunoichi. Under the tutelage of Misako Hyuga, Neji Hyuga's martial arts abilities increased tenfold. But Neji did not become arrogant, thanks to his wife's influence. Both his and Hanabi's children would become famous for their teamwork.