Chapter 10

In Dwarka

Meghna POV

Oh my God!!! This place is so freaking beautiful, am I in heaven I wondered. I can't believe Malu has been living here her entire life! I thought to myself as I peeped through the curtains of the palanquin, just then I saw the most extravagant palace.

As I was taking in my surroundings the palanquin came to a halt. That must mean I have reached. I felt a wave of nervousness wash over me; What if I am too weird for them, what if they hate me, what if they send me back to Hastinapur, what if Malu doesn't like me anymore, what if I trip over my lehenga and make a fool out of myself I thought, I took a breath and calmed myself before stepping out. As soon as I step out and I'm immediately swarmed by strangers, oh god I feel so suffocated I instinctively step back. Just then I heard a voice.

"You're all going to scare her even before she steps a foot inside." And they all step back. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Then a woman holding a thali steps forward and does the arti.

"Pranipaat "I say joining my hands together

"Pranipaat Putri, I am Devaki," She said with a loving smile and continued to introduce me to everyone else around.

"and this is my daughter Vaishnavi" she said pointing to the girl who saved me earlier by asking everyone to step back. She has the same name as Malu, could it be her I thought.

"Putri Vaishnavi why don't you show Meghna her chamber and spend some time together"

"Ji Ma" She replied with a smile mirroring her mother's

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to some place.

Vaishnavi POV

I grabbed Meghna's hand and dragged her towards the garden. As we were walking, I kept wondering if this is Aishu. I engaged in a small talk with her as she admired the plants. Her answers were mostly monosyllabic. Just then my great brother decided to join us.

"Oh! So, you finally decided to grace us with your auspicious presence" I snapped still mad that he didn't come to welcome Aishu. Just then I heard a small giggle from Meghna.

"Oh! Yeah, I almost forget this is my great bhrata Krishn" I said gesturing towards him and with that, she broke into peals of laughter.

"Ohh, Rajkumari before you start screaming at me, I want to know why did you talk my ear off if you were going to act like strangers to each other?" He asked me annoyed.

"Sorry what, I'm confused. Who are you even talking about?" I stated super confused

"I feel like I shouldn't be here. Soooo I um .... Will leave" Said Meghna clearly uncomfortable.

"This whole conversation is centred around the two of you, Aishwarya" Said bhrata Krishn. Meghna whipped her head around and looked at him in disbelief. She tried to say something but her voice betrayed her.

"What the actual hell!!" I screamed flabbergasted

"Malu is that you?" Said Meghna dumbfounded

"Of course, it's her" stated bhrata krishn like it was the most obvious thing.

We both stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. She broke into a smile a ran towards me and hugged me. We both cried tears of joy. When we broke the hug, I asked her.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Oh well you used to say what the actual hell all the time, that was the giveaway" and then she abruptly started laughing

"What are you laughing for now?" I ask confused

"Your brother's face is so funny" she said in between wheezes

I turn around to see bhrata Krishn look at us with the most disgusted face covering his ears.

"I think I'm deaf "he said

Meghna and I were on the floor laughing our heads off. Once we regain our composure, I noticed bhrata Krishn staring at her. Hmmm, I think I could potentially play cupid here.

"Do you think I could play cupid for the both of you? And also, please name the kid after me" I whispered in bhrata Krishn's ear and he actually started blushing

"I think you are growing up a little faster than your supposed to " He stated while twisting my ears.

"Ahhhh, Maaa" I screamed and with that, he ran away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you all like the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Also for the next week, I might not update because my exams are starting.