1.19

||

"OKAY, GUYS, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and he would like to say a few words," Mr. Schue told the glee club,"I- I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

He then goes to sit in his chair and let's Mr. Ryan talk.

"Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself," Mr. Ryan instructed.

The class all get out paper and write down what he told them to.

Emilia quickly wrote down her dream. She didn't even hesitate. Her dream was to become one of the greatest popstars in the world. She drew a small heart next to it then looked up at Mr. Ryan.

She was shocked when she saw him go up to Artie and rip and crumble up his paper.

He threw it in the trash then began to speak," Your dream is never going to happen. 91% of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to "work for a mid-market health insurance provider"..."

Emilia decided that she would hear no more of this man's projecting. She looked down at her paper with a frown then stuffed it in her backpack.

"This is really depressing," Mercedes pointed out. Emilia had to agree with her this isn't what she wanted to hear today.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve "showbiz." Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all," Mr. Ryan told them.

Tina then spoke up," But... that's what I want to do with my life."

"Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment," Mr. Ryan responded.

"I think we get your point," Mr. Schue told him.

"Aw, well, Schuester here's a prime example. He used to have the glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you," Mr. Ryan told them.

He continued," His dream didn't work out. And neither will yours."

Tina then started to cry and Emilia grabbed her hand to try and comfort her.

"Okay, you're done here," Mr. Schue told him.

"You would be wise to show me some respect," Mr. Ryan responded.

"You've said your piece. Now get out," Mr. Schue said walking up to him.

"Well, Schuester, I should thank you. You've made my decision about which program to cut a lot easier," Mr. Ryan said then left the room.

The glee members just sat there in silence.

_________________________________________

*hallway*

Emilia walked quietly to her locker. She was bummed out about what happened in glee. She wanted to go home as soon as possible.

She was thankful that most of the school had already left to go home. She didn't want anyone to see her cry.

She pulled out her phone and went to text her brother about not wanting to do that song anymore.

She was interrupted by, surprisingly, Finn.

"Sorry, hey, um... Emilia, right?" Finn said accidentally bumping into her.

She turned around," Um... yes, hi Finn."