Chapter 3. "I Hate You!"

⚠️WARNING⚠️
Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.
------------------------------------

It'd been almost a week since the incident and Sophia hadn't spoken to Ace since. Their moms were getting really close and becoming good friends. Sophia didn't want her mom to lose a friend like she did, so she didn't tell her. Their moms had taken the two to the park-like they do every Saturday at 1 pm. Something Sophia looked forward to she now dreaded.

Sophia arrived at the park and there in the sandbox were Kanna and Ace.
The moment she walked over Kanna had a grin.

"Hey, guys.." Sophia said looking at her toes.

"Your pretty brave to be talking to us." Kanna giggled.

Sophia stayed quiet knowing she wasn't brave enough to stand up to her and Ace wasn't gonna do anything either.

Kanna moved her eyes to the object Sophia had in her right hand. Sophia had brought Kirby with her today because she felt lonely.

"What's that?" Kanna asked slightly showing her teeth.

"M-my Kirby plushie..." Sophia responded scared, squeezing it tight.

"Can I see it?" Kanna asked.

Sophia was nervous and said "No." It was a firm no. Sophia let Kanna walk all over her, but she wasn't going to talk away part of Sophia's remaining happiness.

"Why are you being so mean just let me see it for a second," Kanna begged.

Sophia looked in Ace's direction. Ace nodded. Looking back at Kanna, Sophia reluctantly handed her the plushie.

"Ooh this is so soft...no wonder you carry it around..where'd you get it I want one?" Kanna said hugging it.

"It's from Japan so it'd be hard to get one," Sophia answered.

"Ah, that's too bad...I really like it.." Kanna said frowning.

"Could you maybe let me have it?" Kanna asked knowing she pressed one of Sophia's buttons.

"It's really special to me so no," Sophia responded reaching for her plushie.

Kanna turned not allowing Sophia to take it back.

"I'll just pay you at school on Monday cause I'm gonna keep this," Kanna said getting ready to go back home.

Sophia froze, but this time her anger was taking over and she was ready to explode.

"YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT PLUSHIE FROM ME! ITS MINE! SO GIVE IT BACK! I DONT WANT YOUR STUPID MONEY TO MAKE UP FOR IT! IT'S SPECIAL TO ME AND IM NOT GONNA LET YOU TAKE IT!"

Ace sat there frozen never hearing Sophia speak like this before.

"No. It belongs to me now so your going to have to deal with it. If you don't want money then fine. I'll take it for free." Kanna said firmly.

Sophia's eyes started to swell and turn red. All the tears she's been holding back every time Kanna spoke to her were finally leaking from her eyes. One tear rolled down her cheek followed by an army. Before she ran away to her mom Sophia turned to Ace and screamed like she never has before.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU ACE NOK! DON'T COME TO MY HOUSE ANYMORE! DONT EVEN LOOK AT ME, NOT LIKE YOU DID BEFORE ANYWAYS! IT WAS ALWAYS KANNA! YOU WOULDNT EVEN TALK TO ME! SO GO ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH YOUR LITTLE GIRLFRIEND AND I'LL BE NEXT DOOR ALONE WITHOUT MY TWO BEST FRIENDS!"

---------------------------------------------
A/N
The two best friends refer to Ace and Kirby if there's any confusion.
---------------------------------------------

Sophia ran to her mom sobbing in her lap begging to go home. Her mom didn't hesitate or even ask and immediately took her daughter home.

When they got home Sophia still refused to tell her mom what happened and assured her she was okay and just wanted to go home because she got sand in her eyes and lost her Kirby. Because of the sand, she said she was in no condition to look for it.

Sophia's mom reluctantly believed her to make her feel better. Assuming a kid probably took it home.

Weeks passed and Sophia ignored Ace and Kanna at school and on the playground. Although it was harder to ignore Ace when their families would have dinners, considering their moms had become best friends.

Everyone was unaware of their situation. The only people who knew were those involved.

Ignoring Ace was even harder when coincidently their bedroom windows were right next to each other. Sophia's house on the left and Ace on the right. But it doesn't stop there. Ace sleeps towards the left and Sophia sleeps towards the right. Meaning they were facing each other, the only thing Sophia could use to separate them was her white curtains that were almost see-through.

***Timeskip***

Now in 6th grade, Kanna and Ace are the best of friends and Ace talks way more. Sophia hadn't been completely lonely when she meets a girl named Hannah.

Hannah was a short Asian girl with pale skin and a true love for clothing and Kpop.

Sophia and Hannah got along well but were basically opposites. Hannah was more of what'd be called a girly-girl and Sophia leaned closer to tomboy not really caring about how she looked.

They'd argue over the smallest things and annoyed each other constantly, but in the end, they loved each other.

---------------------------------------------
A/N
As friends people, let's not ship-
Sophia is straight, but we all know she's secretly bisexual 🙄
Hannah switches between pansexual and bisexual 😏
---------------------------------------------

Sophia had almost forgotten about Ace, but one afternoon she decided to open her window to feel a nice cold breeze.

She looked to the house in front of her and her eyes widened at the sight of Ace and Kanna in his room playing video games just like they did before.

---------------------------------------------
A/N
Dirty-minded people thinking I was gonna make 11-12-year-olds do it 💀
---------------------------------------------

Kanna was sitting where Sophia used to sit. The moment they both noticed her she immediately closed her window and curtains running to her bed. She was flooded with memories and began crying.

She eventually ended up crying herself to sleep and slept through dinnertime. Her mom let her sleep knowing something was wrong and sleeping was the best healing time she could have right now.

---------------------------------------------
Word count: 1027