Chapter 8. Love Me, Love Me Not

⚠️WARNING⚠️

Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.

A/N

Not gonna lie this chapter was so fun to write. Enjoy some jaw dropping moments and some Spain, but the s is silent. Also my writing style probably changed a bit 💀

Again so sorry about the long hiatus!! I made this chapter extra long as a gift also I would like to just have a moment of silence for my uncle who recently lost his life. You will always be loved! 🕊🙏

---------------------------------------------

Ace rushed through the hallway. Alden and Sophia close behind him. They caught up to him at the top of the stairs. Alden grabbed Ace by the arm knowing he'd just run. Hadn't he done that. Ace looked them both in the eyes and didn't say a word. Sophia swallowed hard before finally saying something.

"Ace please just let us explain." Sophia begged.

Ace stood there lifeless. He didn't respond to her in anyway.

"Ace I let you explain to me so its your turn to return the favor." Sophia reminded.

Ace sighed before letting out a quiet, "Fine."

The three now in Sophia's bedroom. Ace sat on Sophia's bed. Alden sat in a chair in the corner of the room and Sophia stood.

Sophia started, "Alden and I are fake dating."

Ace sat there confused. "Fake dating?" He asked.

"Yeah like when you tell everyone your dating, but you aren't." Sophia said with a bit of prep.

"W-why would you do that..." Ace questioned.

"Because it's been on Sophia bucket list for awhile. Oh and we also made a bet. First one to fall for the other has to buy the person whatever they want." Alden chimed in.

"Yup!" Sophia said happily.

"Oh by the way I guess I gotta buy you something now.." Alden said rubbing his neck.

Sophia blushed.

Ace looked at Alden and looked back at Sophia. He decided that this was something he was gonna fight for.

"Sophia did you ever think what this would do to the people who like you?" Ace asked firmly.

"H-huh?" Sophia stuttered.

"Well I mean I told you I loved you before I left and instead of waiting you started dating my best friend." Ace chuckled.

Alden swallowed hard nervous about how Sophia would handle the hard truth.

"W-well you said you probably wouldn't come back.." She stuttered again with watery eyes.

"Uhm this seems like it's your personal business so I'll excuse myself. Bye Sophia text me what you want." Alden said leaving.

Sophia nodded. Alden had left and now Sophia and Ace were alone in the room.

"I-i don't know what you expect from me or want me to say.." Sophia said sighing hard. Her eyes had almost burst.

"I was hoping for mutual feelings, but I guess those only happen in the movies." Ace said forcing a smile.

Sophia stood there frozen by his response. She could see he was also in pain, but a different type. Tears slowly fell from her eyes.

"See every time I'm around you're always sad or you cry. I don't want to make you sad, but happy. And that doesn't seem possible so I'll keep my distance and you can keep you're happiness." Ace said walking out the door.

He paused in the doorway with his back to her.

"Goodbye....again.." He finally said after leaving.

Sophia started trembling and her vision went blurry. She couldn't hold back and slammed her door shut. She was going to throw herself on her bed, but she couldn't make it. She was to weak to walk and ended up collapsing on the floor.

Sophia's mom confused by the noise went to her daughter's room. She opened the door to find Sophia on the floor in a puddle of tears.

Her mother knowing 2 boys that had prominently been in her life walked out that something happened. However, she didn't assume the absolute worst (rape). She thought about asking Sophia what happened, but decided she was in no mind to talk.

She helped Sophia up to her bed and let her daughter grieve not knowing what she could do to help.

---------------------------------------------
The Next Day...

Sophia was still down about what happened and just wore a black hoodie and some sweats.

When Sophia got to class her teacher asked when her eyes were so red. Sophia told the teacher her eyes were irritated when actually it was from crying.

Alden and Ace saw this knowing darn well she had been crying. Ace couldn't say anything cause it hurt him to much to even look at her. Alden wasn't exactly sure what happened so her didn't say much either.

Sophia sat by Hannah hoping her friend would notice and help her, but she didn't. Hannah was usually happy.

Sophia asked Hannah in a horse
voice, "Why are you so happy?".

"Oh it's nothing. What happened to your voice?" Hannah asked continuing to smile.

"Nothing just a little sick," Sophia said.

The period ended and it was time for lunch. This lunch was like in the movies where you're looking for somewhere to sit, but end up alone in the bathroom or something. Sophia wandered the lunchroom trying her best to avoid Ace and Alden's gaze. She saw Hannah waving at her, but a wave of uneasiness passed over her when she noticed Kanna sitting next to her. 

Sophia's thoughts: "FIRST KANNA STEALS MY PLUSHIE THEN MY CRUSH AND NOW MY BESTFRIEND?!?!  I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF  THIS!!"

"WHY IS SHE SITTING HERE?!" Sophia screams at Hannah.

The lunchroom went silent and all eyes were on them now.

"Sophia lower your voice everyone's looking," Hannah whispered softly.

"WHY SHOULD I?" Sophia continued. 

"HEY DON'T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!" Kanna yelled at Sophia.

"PLEASE, WHO ARE YOU TO TALK TO ME!" Sophia yelled back. 

Hannah held Kanna's arm trying to calm her down.

"Sophia this isn't how I wanted this to happen. I wanted to tell you when you were in your right mind," Hannah told Sophia, worried. 

"TELL ME WHAT?! SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! YOU ALWAYS DO THIS DRAGGING THINGS OUT FOR THE ATTENTION!" Sophia exploded.

Hannah had enough and it was her turn.

"THAT KANNA AND I ARE DATING NOW! I'M SORRY YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE, EVEN YOUR BESTFRIEND, BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU CAUSE SO MUCH DRAMA FOR NO REASON! REALLY? ME ATTENTION? YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN BEHIND YOU!" This was the first time Sophia ever heard Hannah scream. 

The lunchroom went silent. Hannah dragged Kanna away and Sophia stood there crying. Sophia fled once she heard whispering. 

---------------------------------------------

Word count: 1114

I hope I didn't lose my rhythm with writing😥

But I also hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! All the love and support has helped me get through some bad stuff I've been going through right now. THANK YOU!!!