Chapter 9. The Calm After the Storm

⚠️WARNING⚠️

Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.

A/N

Y'all this level of wholesomeness warms my soul like I'm disintegrating while writing this ToT 

---------------------------------------------

Once Sophia fled the lunchroom it grew noisy again. Alden sighed and Ace couldn't hold back anymore. He ran out after Sophia calling her name.

"SOPHIA! HEY COME HERE! SLOW DOWN!" he yelled.

Sophia stopped.

"What do you want I thought you we're gonna keep your distance," she said mocking him, while wiping her tears. 

"I can't keep my distance after seeing you in so much pain," Ace responded. 

"You've done it before. How is it any different now?" Sophia said looking at the ground. 

"The last thing I want right now is to look at you," she muttered.

"And the only thing I want to do right now is hold you," Ace said genuinely. 

Sophia rested her head in her hands beginning to cry. Ace went up to her and held her. 

"Shh it's okay. Go ahead and let it all out. I didn't this shirt anyways," he said comforting her. 

Sophia let out a small laugh. That was all Ace wanted. Just one moment of happiness and comfort for her. 

Alden came out the lunchroom hurt to see this. Deep down he knew he and Sophia wouldn't be together. That didn't stop him from hoping though. Alden was happy that someone could finally make her happy. Ace and Sophia noticed him standing there. Alden just nodded. Sophia showed him a small smile and mouthed "Thank you" Alden was content with that and left. 

---------------------------------------------
The Next Day...

Sophia looked for Hannah to apologize to both her and Kanna. She found the two of them sitting on the bleachers together, holding hands. Hannah's face went from happy to hurt.

"What do you want now Sophia?" she asked. 

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, really sorry. To the both of you," she pleaded.

"I don't think sorry is gonna cut it after what you did," Kanna said chiming in. 

"I know. Your both probably gonna hate me for the rest of your lives and that's okay. I freaked out cause I had a really bad personal situation the day before. Though I didn't like the fact my best friend was dating my bully. I felt relieved in a way." Sophia explained.

"Relieved?" they both asked. 

"Yeah. I felt relieved because that meant that all these years Kanna just needed someone to show her what love is. I'm glad Hannah could be that person for you. There's also the fact my chances with Ace are better now," Sophia smirked.

The three girls laughed.

"Friends?" Sophia asked.

"Friends." they responded. 

Sophia felt someone hug her from behind. Shocked she turned around and her eyes met Ace's. 

"I think we have somewhere to be," Hannah said coughing. 

Her and Kanna left, watching them from a distance.

"WHY DID YOU JUST HUG ME LIKE THAT?!" Sophia yelled at Ace.

"Oh no more hugs. Okay then," Ace said getting sad.

"NO I JUST MEANT DON'T HUG ME LIKE THAT!" she argued.

 "So you want me to hug you?" he smirked.

Sophia rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Hey I was just messing with you!" Ace exclaimed running after her. 

"Why is it that your always chasing me?" she asked.

"Why is it that your always running from me," he questioned.

Sophia sighed.

"What do you want?" she groaned.

Ace smiled.

"I want to take you on a date," he stated. 

Sophia stopped.

"A date..?" she asked.

Ace smiled then nodded.  Sophia stood there for a moment.

"I mean I guess that's okay," she said slowly. 

"Perfect. Meet me at Andy's Arcade tomorrow after school," Ace instructed.

---------------------------------------------
That Night...

"I CAN'T SLEEP!" Sophia screamed. 

Sophia's mom came up to check what all the yelling was about. 

"What're you screaming about this time?" she asked.

Sophia sighed before telling her mom cause she knew how she'd react.

"I have a date with a boy tomorrow after school." she groaned.

Her mom's face lit up.

"FINALLY! I was starting to doubt your abilities to find a decent person with all these boys coming in and out of my house. I'm proud of you! Wait tomorrow?! WE GOTTA GET YOU READY! PICK YOUR OUTFIT!" her mom said proudly. 

Sophia rolled her eyes, but smiled. She was glad and lucky to have such an enthusiastic mom.

---------------------------------------------

The Next Day...

Sophia's last period had finally ended. Hannah ran up to her.

"Hey Sophia! Kanna and I were gonna get some froyo wanna come?" Hannah asked.

"I can't sorry I'm meeting someone at the arcade, but you guys enjoy yourselves," Sophia said smiling. 

"Why would you meet someone at your favorite arcade after school on a Friday?" Hannah pondered.

She gasped.

"SOPHIA! YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE AREN'T YOU! I BET IT'S WITH ACE TOO HUH!" Hannah yelled shocked, but excited for her. 

"BE QUIET IDIOT!" Sophia yelled back.

"Tsk. Tsk." Hannah said dramatically.

"Ugh whatever I gotta go now. Bye!" Sophia said waving.

"Enjoy your date lovebird~!" Hannah said waving back.  

"OH SHUT IT!" Sophia said walking away.

---------------------------------------------
Outside The Arcade...

"Hey princess~" Ace smirked.

"What is wrong with you? Are you feeling okay?" Sophia asked worried.

"I was just trying to be like those boys in the manga you read on that illegal website. I think it's mangago.co-" Ace was trying to explain before being interrupted by Sophia. 

"DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE!" Sophia yelled covering his mouth.

He nodded.

After that incident they just enjoyed the arcade like a bunch of normal teenagers for once. Although it was sad Ace beat Sophia at basically every game. She was happy and so was he. 

---------------------------------------------

Word count: 982 

Hey guys! So this may seem like the last chapter, but the next chapter is the final one! Hope you enjoyed!