11|| 𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙂𝙊𝙐𝙏

1-24-21 | 1534 words

I slapped a hand over the TV remote, pausing the program quickly before looking at Schlatt. He looks up from his phone, I know he isn't paying attention but thats fine. I'm still thrilled to talk about this - just Hamilton in general. Not only the actual history of it, but the brilliant storytelling and the smallest details that could slip right under someones nose on their first watch. God, Lin-Manuel Miranda is one spectacular man.

I begin to explain the amazing wordplay in the scene, how the movements and stuble references on this screen just add so much to it all. I've done this plenty of times already, I feel the need to. To explain to Schlatt, and my family, the importance of every little detail to come together in a beautiful conglomerate of art. My siblings, have of course already heard me babble on about this godforsaken play many times. I wouldn't be opening up about it again if a certain special someone wasn't here.

I can't help but want- no, need. I can't help but need to spill all my knowledge onto his man. I don't care if hes listening or not, I wouldn't be mad if he wasn't. Hes giving me the luxury of simply letting me tell someone other than my dad about something that I adore and I'm going to be thankful for whatever I can get. I know that this is a favor to me, and I'm not going to be greedy about it.

"I want to watch paw patrol!" Tommy snapped, you could hear the smallest thud of his fists on the floor.

"Hush, child." I mummer before continuing my explanation to Schlatt.

You can hear the childs faint growl from the ground, aggressively scribbling on the paper infront of him to banish his sadness and anger from my behavior. The little brunette beside him rubbed his back in the most comforting way possible.

David, being the eldest in our little group, got to sit in dads big, comfy chair off to the side of the couch. I didn't mind anyway, it just meant I got to be closer to Schlatt.

"Man, I have to feed you kids don't I." Dave insists hes much older than us so much I might even start to believe it. In reality we're only apart by a year, but whatever helps him sleep at night.

Tommy turns to face our brother "Can we have McDonalds again?"
"I don't like McDonalds.." Tubbo muttered.

"Sorry bud but I'm gunna get fat if we eat too much McDonalds, then no women will want to kiss me." Dave shakes his head.

"No women ever want to kiss you anyway!" Tommy kicks at the ground, pouty "If I were a women I would NOT even kiss you because I hate you!"

"Tommy thats not very nice.." Tubbo mummered to his friend.
"Shut up!"
"Heyy now, Thomas lets be nice." Dave waved a hand dismissively.

"Lets go see what we have, come on." Dave stands, Tommy and Tubbo leap to their feet. Next thing you know I'm left with just Schlatt and I.

I turned to see how Schlatt is, I don't have the intention of speaking but when I see him looking down at his phone with a distasteful expression I feel the need to ask what the matter is.

"You alright, Jonathan?" I ask softly.

"Um." He looks up quickly at me, a little startled. He didn't seem to know he was making a face "yeah- yeah sorry." He looked back down at his phone.

"What cha doin'?" 
"This guy I know - Alexis? - he won't- leave me alone." He sounds almost shy.
"Oh really?" I raise an eyebrow "whats he want?" I'd certainly want to know if anyone was bothering Schlatt.

"He-" Schlaft hesitates, he seems to be trying to figure out if he should tell me. I turn a little towards him, trying to put on the best invitingly pleasant smile I can muster. I probably look like I'm about to, like, commit a sex crime or something.