Chapter 8

Adrian POV

I had a meeting in the morning so I couldn't go to the hospital. After the meeting, I called my dad who was at the hospital with mom.

"Hello dad, how is grandpa? "

"He is fine Adrian, he was awake for some time and then slept again"

"You guys can go home, I am free the rest of the day so I will stay with him"

"Okay Adrian"

I reached the hospital and went to his room and he was awake. I talked to him and then turned and greeted Ava. She told me that my grandpa was feeling better and will be discharged tomorrow. I am happy that he will be back home. After that, we both were just standing there and I heard a throat clearing. It was my grandfather and then Ava left the room.

"What was going on here just now", my grandfather asked me

"Nothing was going on, I was just asking her about you"

"I wasn't talking about that. I am talking about the way you were looking at her"

"I was looking at her normally", I said rubbing my neck

"Oh please, you can't fool me," he said rolling his eyes. "You were looking at her like she was the only person and no one else mattered. Did you meet her before"

"I saw her at the office annual party. She makes me feel things that I have never felt before"

"So you finally found the one", he asked excitedly

"That's the sad part, she already has a boyfriend", I sigh

"Don't worry Adrian, if you guys are meant to be together, then everything will fall in place. If not then think that she was not the one for you", he said patting on my shoulder

"I hope you are right"

"How's work?"

"It's going good"

We talked some more and after that, he slept. I stayed there working. I didn't see Ava after that. Some other doctor came for the check-up at night.

"You are still here", my grandfather asked me once he woke up.

"I am staying here for the night", I replied

"There is no need for it Adrian. The doctors take good care of me. So go home and sleep comfortably"

"But grandpa..."

"I don't want to hear any excuses", he cut me off.

"Okay, I will go", I sighed

I went home, had my dinner, and slept. The next day I go to the hospital in the morning as I don't have any meetings. As I get down the car, I see Lydia and Connor also arriving at the hospital. They came back from their trip yesterday night.

"Hey guys, how was your trip? "

"It was perfect. I loved it", Lydia replied

"Connor doesn't seem happy that you cut short your trip", I say with a smirk

"Is it Connor?" Lydia asked him

"It's nothing like that Lydia. Adrian, stop creating problems in my marriage", Connor warned me.

"Ok... ok, let's go inside," I said chuckling.

As soon as we went inside, Lydia goes and hugs my grandfather.

"Grandpa couldn't you have got sick a few days later, you ruined my vacation", Lydia said with a pout.

"I was missing my favorite granddaughter too much and couldn't think of a way to get you here as soon as possible", replied my grandfather joking. We all laughed.

"Jokes aside, how are you really feeling grandpa"

"You guys have to stop asking me that same question. I am totally fine and they are going to discharge me today", he replied a bit irritated.

"That's good to hear", replied Lydia.

"You should have come after completing your trip", grandpa told Lydia

"No way I am going to leave my grandpa alone", she said holding his hand.

We were all talking and after a while, the door opened. Ava came inside to check on grandpa. Lydia looked at her shocked. Before I could stop her, she started talking

"You are the girl from the party", Lydia said.

"What?" Ava asked, confused. I glared at Lydia.

"I mean I think I saw you at my brother's office party last week", Lydia told her quickly covering up.

"Oh yes, I was at that party", replied Ava.

"So your boyfriend works for my brother," asked Lydia. God this girl doesn't know when to shut up, I thought looking at her. She just keeps getting on my nerves.

"No, Ben is my friend", replied Ava.

I felt happy hearing that she doesn't have a boyfriend. Lydia looked at me and winked. Ava looked a bit uncomfortable with all this conversation.

"Lydia, please let Ava do her work"

"Oh sorry Ava, carry on", Lydia said

"And sorry about my sister"

"No problem, it's fine"

She checked his vitals and noted them down and left. Lydia said she wanted to make a call and left the room right after Ava.

"What was that all about. Am I missing something here", Connor asks confused

"It's nothing Connor", I said and hoped he would leave it.

"It sure did not look like nothing"

I sigh and tell him the whole story, right from the start. Lydia comes back inside.

"Have you gone mad? Why were you asking her all those", I ask her as soon as she comes in

"You are shouting at me instead of thanking me", she gasped

"Yes, but you could have messed it up. She would think we are some freaks"

"If not for me you would still be sulking thinking she has a boyfriend. I only did you a favor", she scoffed

"Stop it both of you", my grandfather shouted.

"Sorry", we both said at the same time

"One more thing, we are going to have a welcome home party tomorrow for grandpa", Lydia said excitedly.

"I don't need any party"

"You are safe and back home. Of course, there is a need for a party"

My parents came in just then. My mom hugged Lydia.

"How are you dear and how was your trip"

"I am a fine mom and the trip was awesome. Also, mom I decided that we are going to have a party for grandpa tomorrow"

"That's a great idea, Lydia. Just a small party at home with close family and friends"

My parents brought lunch. We all had our lunch. Mom and Lydia were busy discussing tomorrow's party. Soon the discharge process started. By the time grandpa got discharged, it was evening. We all went home.