Chapter 13

Ava POV

This week I have been busy with hospital work. Adrian and I continued texting or calling each other whenever we were free. I was so happy even though I had a load shit of work. But for the past two days, I didn't get any texts or calls from Adrian. He isn't replying to any of my texts or lifting my calls either. He might have some urgent work to do or might be busy. I try to not overthink it. Amanda has invited me to come to the club with her and Jake. She told me some of his friends are also coming. I had nothing to do at home so I said I would come. So here I am at the club.

I was talking to Amanda and someone called my name. I turn around and see that it's Lydia.

"Hi Lydia"

"Hi, Ava. What are you doing here?", she asked.

"I came here with my friends", I replied

"Didn't Adrian tell you that we are going to meet here today", she asked

"He didn't tell me anything about it", I said confused.

"Ok come, Adrian and Connor are up there", she said.

I didn't want to leave Amanda but meeting Adrian seemed more important right now. So, I told Amanda that I am going with Lydia. She took me upstairs into a VIP room. There were few more people other than them.

"Hi Ava", Connor said.

"Hi Connor"

"Hi Adrian", I said looking at Adrian. He ignored me and was busy talking to the blonde beside him. I felt hurt. What happened to him? I thought for a while and decided to ask Lydia.

"Do you know what happened to him? He hasn't talked to me for two days", I asked Lydia

"Don't know, he has been pissed from the past two days, yelling at everyone at the office too", she replied

"Do you think, it's something related to work", I asked

"No, there is no problem at work. Did something happen between you two", she asked

"No, he suddenly stopped talking", I said. She squeezed my hand and gave me a small smile.

He hasn't looked at me once since I came. At the same time, I see the blonde putting her hands on his chest and whispering something in her ear. He was laughing at whatever she had told him. I was now getting pissed with his behavior. I lifted my drink and drank it all at once, ignoring the burn in my throat. She was rubbing her hand over his thigh. I ordered a few more drinks and drank them all. She then sat on his lap and he did nothing to stop her. She was about to kiss him and I couldn't sit there anymore. I put my glass with a thud on the table and told Lydia that I was going to dance and went to the dance floor. I was drunk and feeling tipsy. I started dancing. Some guy came and started dancing behind me but I didn't care. After some time, I felt that someone pushed him away. I turned around to see a furious Adrian. What was he angry for? If anything, I should be angry at how he was behaving up there.

"What are you doing, Ava?", he asked clenching his jaw

"I am dancing can't you see", I replied with a smirk.

"You are drunk, let's go", he said. I nodded no.

"I want to dance. Dance with me." I put my hands around his neck but he removed my hands. Tears were coming into my eyes but I didn't want to cry in front of him. I did not want to show that his behavior affected me.

"You didn't have any problem when she has had her hands all over you.", I said

"I will drop you home. Come with me. ", he said ignoring what I said. So, I continued dancing.