OS 001: Josh

I STILL LOVE YOU, I ALWAYS DO

The door of the church opened and there I saw her. She is standing there, wearing her beautiful wedding gown and holding the flower with both of her hands. All eyes are fixated on her, including mine. There is a smile plastered on her face. She then took a step.

All of the guests are standing and smiling while she was walking at the aisle. From there, I could see the glittering from her eyes, as if she's about to cry because of too much happiness. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. When she met my eyes, she give me a smile, I smiled back. I suddenly remembered how she planned for this day.

"Josh, ang gusto ko nandun ka sa wedding ko ha?" Nakangiting tugon niya sa akin.

"Oo naman, hindi pwedeng mawala sa kasal ang groom mo," nakangising sabi ko sa kaniya.

"Baliw! Seryoso ako!" Natatawang sabi niya. Ngumiti lamang ako.

Seryoso din naman ako e, napabuntong hininga na lamang ako.

"So ano nga? Dapat nandun ka ha? Tapos dapat isa ka din sa magpaplano."

"Oo na, oo na. Ang kulit mo." Tumawa lamang siya na ikinatawa ko din.

Napangiti ako. Natupad nga yung gusto niya. I was with her all the time during the planning of this wedding.

"Josh! OMG!"

"Athena naman, aatakihin ako sa puso sayo e. Kailangan nanggugulat?" Napahawak pa ko sa dibdib ko.

Tumawa lang siya sa akin.

"Kasi! Yung crush ko!"

"Oh? Yung Justin? Bakit, anong meron sa kaniya?"

"Pinansin na niya ko!"

"Talaga?" Tumango tango siya. "Mabuti naman," tugon ko sa kaniya at nagpatuloy sa ginagawa ko.

Nagpatuloy siya sa pagkwekwento pero hindi talaga ako nakikinig. Bakit ba kasi nakapokus ang atensiyon niya kay Justin? Nandito naman ako e. Bakit ba hindi niya ko makita?

Hanggang isang araw, nasa rooftop ako, kinausap niya ko.

"Josh, may nagugustuhan ka ba?"

Hindi agad ako nakasagot sa tanong niya. I was just looking at her. Napabuntong hininga ako't nag iwas ng tingin.

"Oo," simpleng sagot ko.

"Talaga? Sino? Bakit hindi mo ligawan?" Sunod sunod na tanong niya.

"Ang dami mong tanong," nagkakamot batok na sabi ko.

"Dali na kasiii, ba't di mo ligawan?"

"Hindi niya naman kasi ako gusto, hindi kami pareho ng nararamdaman. At ayokong masira ang kung ano mang meron kami ngayon."

"Ganun ba? Sayang naman, tutulungan sana kita e." Nakangusong tugon nito. Natawa naman ako.

"E kayo nung Justin, ano na?" Namula siya ng tanungin ko siya. Don't tell me-

"Actually Josh, kami na," kinikilig na tugon niya.

Hindi ako nakapagsalita. Masakit, pero pinilit kong ngumiti.

"Ganun ba? I'm happy for you," saad ko. "May pupuntahan pa pala ako, una na ko sayo," saad ko ng makita si Justin sa ibaba na papunta dito. Malamang ay papunta kay Athena. Ayoko lang na makita silang magkasama, lalo akong masasaktan.

Until,

"Josh, break na kami."

I wanted to be happy because finally magkakaroon na ko ng chance pero seing how she cries and how miserable she was, I wanted to cursed myself, I am being selfish. Just then, I talked to her. I hate seing her in that state. It's making me weak, and I want to protect her at all cost.

"Shh, I will not say that it's okay because it's obviously not but you can still find a guy that is better than him, who will be more deserving of your love."

"But he's already the best for me. I don't think I can find another man aside from him."

She continued to sob. I hugged her tight and I never leave her hanggang sa makatulog siya. I do everything I can para maka move on siya, I was with her at her weakest moment, I was with her when she almost give up, I was with her everytime.

Until comes the day that...

"Josh, we're back together."

Gusto kong magwala. Gusto ko siyang bakuran. Pero wala akong magawa dahil hindi naman siya sa akin.

"F*ch Athena! Why can't you see me?!"

She was shocked, who wouldn't be. Kahit nga ako e, it was the first I raised my voice at her like.

"J-Josh, h-hindi kita m-maintindihan," she said, trembling.

"Of course you won't."

It made her confused. And I badly wanted to confess, I really do. I wanted to tell her how much I love her, from the very start, but I choose not to.

"Do you really still love him?"

Tumango siya sa akin.

"I'm sorry, I still love him Josh. My love never fades."

I nodded, understandingly. I smiled at her.

"Don't say sorry. You did not do anything wrong. Can you promise me something?"

"Ano yun?"

"Be happy, always."

When she finally arrived in front of the altar, she looked at me again. I come nearer at her and hugged her. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I'm happy for you. Remember to keep your promise," I said, smiling.

"I will," she answered smiling.

"Josh!" She exclamed coming near me.

Napakunot ang noo ko when I noticed that she was about to cry.

"Anong ginawa ni Jah sayo? Sabihin mo? Bakit ka niya pinaiyak? Gusto mo upakan ko?" Galit na sambit ko.

"No Josh! He did not hurt me, he actually made me the happiest person alive. I want to show you something."

She showed me her hand and as I look at her fingers, there I saw a ring.

"I'm getting married!" She said as tears started to come out from her eyes. It was actually, tears of joy. I smiled at her.

"I'm happy for you." I said.

"Basta nangako ka ha? Na nandun ka sa kasal ko tapos isa ka rin sa magpaplano. Wala ng magbaback out." Natawa na lamang ako sa sinabi niya pagkakuwan ay tumango.

Tinupad ko ang pangako ko sa kaniya, I am here at her wedding. When we were kids, I always imagine of getting married to someone, and that someone is Athena. But it will never happen now, because she's already married to someone.

We were cheering for them and clapping our hands with big smiles on our lips as they come out from the church. I saw how they interwined their fingers and go inside their white car. I smiled watching them from afar.

I still love you, Athena. I always do.

—————

Dedicated to the birthday girl lil_meowyieeee. DIPAPHY HARTBY! This is originally posted on my facebook account, Kleiya Ajero. You can add me there for more upcoming stories. Thank you!

And btw, if you want some dedication with my next stories may it be one shots or my on-going stories, just hit me a dm or you can just comment below. Thank you!