Aliens

The End Of The World- Part 2

"Rose!" The Historian called, ducking inside the same room as the human. She was stood in front of a window, staring down at the Earth. She folded her arms and leant against the glass. "You know, it happens to every planet, this. It's just the natural cycle. They're born, live a few billion years, have cilivisation... mostly... then, they die."

"Its not that." She sighed. "Well, it is... but in there... they're so... alien."

"You're alien." The Historian laughed.

"No-"

"Yes, Rose, you are. To me, you're alien, to them you're alien. But that's what makes this so great. Theres so much out there, so much alien."

Rose laughed a little. "You're so strange. I thought the doctor was odd."

"Dont tell him you think I'm odder. He'll try and win the title back." She muttered with a small smirk.

Thenz another blue alien walked in carrying some tools. She stopped at the sight of Rose and the Historian before going back to her work. "Sorry. Are we allowed to be in here?" Rose asked.

"You have to give us permission to talk."

"Er, you have permission." Rose said awkwardly.

"Thank you. And, no, you're not in the way. Guests are allowed anywhere." She smiled back.

The Historian frowned and peered inside the wall panel she had just removed.  "What's your name?" She asked

"Raffalo."

Rose asked " Raffalo?" Trying the name out for herself.

The Historian rose a brow and turned to Raffalo. "Raffalo! Wonderful name that, haven't met a Raffalo in a long time, very fitting. Now, I'm a bit of an engineer back home myself, impressive wiring..."

Raffalo smiled at the Historian. "Thank you, miss. I won't be long, I've just got to carry out some maintenance. There's a tiny little glitch in the Face of Boe's suite. There must be something blocking the system. He's not getting any hot water."

"So, you're a plumber?" Rose asked

"That's right, miss."

"They still have plumbers?" She asked the Historian, but Raffalo answered.

"I hope so, else I'm out of a job." she laughed.

"Where are you from then, Raffalo?" Asked the Historian. "Lots of different ones here... wonder how far everyones come."

" Crespallion."

Rose smiled slightly. " That's a planet, is it?"

"No. Crespallion's part of the Jaggit Brocade." The Historian told her.

"Thats right." Raffalo nodded. "It's affiliated to the Scarlet Junction, Convex fifty six. And where are you two from, miss? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, no ask away." The Historian grinned. "We got a lift with a friend."

Rose nodded, but found herself I  deep thought. " A long way away. I just sort of hitched a lift with this man. I didn't even think about it. I don't even know who he is. He's a complete stranger. Anyway, don't let me keep you. Good luck with it."

"Thank you, miss. Both of you, And er, thank you for the permission. Not many people are that considerate."

ROSE: Okay. See you later.

The Historian smiled and pulled Rose from the room. "See." She said. "They look different, but really, they're no different to you or me."

"That was so... weird." Rose shuddered as the pair made their way down the hall...