Floor 500

The Long Game- Part 3

The Doctor pulled up a schematic on a monitor. The Historian looked over his shoulder and pointed to the pipe. "Plumbing!" She grinned.

The Doctor nodded and waves Cathica and Rose over. "Here we go. Satellite Five, pipes and plumbing. Look at the layout."

"This is ridiculous. You've got access to the computer's core. You can look at the archive, the news, the stock exchange and you're looking at pipes?" Cathica frowned.

"But there's something wrong." The Historian frowned.

Cathica sighed "I suppose."

Rose looked over. "Why, what is it?"

"The ventilation system. Cooling ducts, ice filters, all working flat out channelling massive amounts of heat down."

The Doctor nodded at Cathica. "All the way from the top."

Rose stared up. "Floor five hundred."

The Doctor leant back. "Something up there is generating tons and tons of heat."

Rose nodded. "Well, I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm missing out on a party. It's all going on upstairs. Fancy a trip?"

"You read my mind." The Historian smirked.

Cathica shook her head. " You can't. You need a key."

The Doctor looked at Rose and the Historian. "Keys are just codes, and I've got the codes right here. Here we go. Override two one five point nine."

The monitor showed them 215.9976/31, and Cathica looked at him with wide eyes. "How come it's given you the code?"

" Someone up there likes me." He muttered.

***** *****

"Come on. Come with us." Rose pleads with Cathica as they stood outside a lift

"No way."

"Bye then!" The Historian grinned.

Cathica huffed at them. " Well, don't mention my name. When you get in trouble, just don't involve me." she headed off into the station.

The Doctor shrugged and look to Rose and the Historian. " That's her gone. Adam's given up. Looks like it's just us."

The Historian linked an arm between the pair and looked to the lift. "How it's meant to be." She sighed.

***** *****

The Historian was the first one to step out of the lift and look around the room... it was freezing. She looked to the Doctor and Rose. "Well, one things for sure... the walls certainly arent made of gold."

The Doctor looked to Rose. "You should go back downstairs."

"Tough."

He looked to the Historian for help, who shrugged. "Girls spoken, Doctor. Shes staying."

The walked deeper into the room, seeing people sat behind desks... but they looked almost frozen in place... and a man in a dark suit watching over them. " I started without you. This is fascinating. Satellite Five contains every piece of information within the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. Birth certificates, shopping habits, bank statements, but you three, you don't exist. Not a trace. No birth, no job, not the slightest kiss. How can you walk through the world and not leave a single footprint?"

Rose gasped when she saw Suki at one of the desks. " Suki. Suki! Hello? Can you hear me? Suki? What have you done to her?"

The Historian shook her head. "Rose, shes dead."