The Night of Many Shots (1/4)

'I'm not sure I like the idea of sending you on a date with another guy,' Bradley grumbled.

'Me neither. Especially him,' I sighed, squeezing his waist tighter.

'Hey, I can hear you, you know!' George complained. 'Now release her immediately! She's coming with me.'

'Fine,' Bradley relented before pulling back slightly. 'Now,' he said to me, cupping my face in his hands. 'I don't know what he's going to do or where he's going to take you,' he began. 'But there is one rule you must stick to at all costs.'

'What is it?'

'Do not,' he said seriously. 'And I mean do not drink the El Diablo tequila at George's house.'

'Tequila?' I asked confused. 'I've had tequila before-'

'Trust me on this one,' Bradley said, cutting me off. 'El Diablo is not your friend.'

'Fine,' I said with an eye roll. I boosted myself up and gave him a chaste kiss. 'I'll see you tonight, okay?'

'This may be the last time we ever see each other,' he said solemnly.

'Right,' George said, clapping his hands together loudly. 'Break it up! I've given you a whole minute to say your goodbyes. Come on, Betty. We have lots to do before Chris' party later.'

'Betty?' I repeated, stumbling away from Bradley as George yanked the back of my t-shirt.

'Yeah, we don't want anyone knowing our real names, right?' he replied, giving me a look as if to say I was a complete moron.

I gave Bradley a wide-eyed fearful glance and he only shook his head at me and held his hands up helplessly.

'Bye,' I said miserably, allowing myself to be towed away by George. 'I'll never forget you,' I yelled as he shoved me outside the front door and closed it behind us.

'Enough of that,' George said. 'You have to forget about him. Today, I need your utmost attention and focus.'

'Where's Tara?' I asked, yanking myself free from his grip on my upper arm.

'She's helping with her younger sister's ballet recital,' he said. 'Tara makes a cute little ballerina, you know.'

'I never knew she could dance,' I mused, stopping outside his truck.

'She's good at it. Makes her very flex-'

'George!' I complained loudly, cutting him off. 'If I can't talk about Bradley, then you definitely can't talk about Tara. Especially if you're going to talk about your sex life - which by the way, I have no interest in!'

'Liar,' he smirked. 'Fine.' He clicked the unlock button on his car key. 'New rule: no talking about Bradley or Tara. First one to mention either of their names out loud has to take a shot of El Diablo! Now, get in.'

I rolled my eyes before yanking the door open to his truck. I had to practically jump up onto the step because it was so high.

'I've never been in your car before,' I told him, fastening my seatbelt as he turned on the engine. 'I hope you're a good driver.'

'I'm self-taught,' he said before reversing out of his parking spot at a high speed.

'George!' I exclaimed as he braked suddenly and took off down the road. The tyres made a loud screeching sound against the tarmac and caused a passing dog-walker to scowl at us. 'Oh fuck. You're going to kill me, aren't you?' I growled, bracing myself on the dashboard and glaring over at him.

'Not yet,' he said cheerfully. 'We got shit to do first!'

'And where are we headed exactly?' I asked. 'I thought you just said you just wanted to drink with me. You know, so I could use my charm and get you to finally forgive me for taking off without telling anybody.'