The Pillowtalks

'You said Kyle and I were bad, but come on! You two are really grossing me out with that PDA,' Remi complained, re-entering the living room with an amused looking Kyle.

'We're not in public,' I pointed out, disentangling myself from Bradley and getting to my feet. 'And you weren't in here until two seconds ago,' I added, stretching my arms above my head and yawning.

'Raegan, I'm really glad you're back and you and Bradley have finally stopped with the whole denying-your-feelings bullshit... but if you're going to study with me next week then I can't be dealing with all this kissy kissy.'

'Okay,' I agreed with a guilty smile.

I was still technically enrolled at Richmond High, although I was pretty sure they'd probably suspended me by now for my appalling attendance - I'd received a final warning email from them a couple days back but hadn't even cared enough to reply. I'd still been moping over Bradley then.

My plan was to bring him over to meet my parents tomorrow. I was pretty sure he'd win my mom over in minutes. And when she was in a good mood, I'd be able to persuade her to help make sure I didn't get kicked out of school. She'd already been in contact with her lawyer making plans to sue the hospital and I was pretty certain she wouldn't let me get expelled without a fight. Hell, she'd probably be excited over my eagerness to avoid becoming a high school dropout. Not that I would drop out. If worst came to worst, I'd have to repeat my senior year somewhere else.

'I'm agreeing to nothing,' Bradley said, interrupting my thoughts. He hopped to his feet and snaked an arm around my waist, edging towards the door. 'Goodnight,' he added, reaching back for the handle.

'You've barely even hung out!' Remi complained, placing her hands on her hips.

'You can hang out next week,' Bradley said, ignoring my efforts to pry him off and slowly pulling me out the doorway. 'She's mine for the rest of the night.'

'Kyle came over to hang out especially-' Remi began.

'I live like two blocks away, Remi,' Kyle laughed. 'Me and Raegan already talked about the important stuff anyway. We can hang out next week when...' he trailed off.

'When I'm not being abducted?' I suggested, grabbing onto the doorframe as Bradley began dragging me out once more with a noise of impatience.

'Something like that,' he smirked in response.

Kyle and I had spent a good half hour catching up. He'd even pulled me in for a bear hug when he first saw me which kind of surprised me seeing as he wasn't the most touchy feely guy. It made me feel pretty guilty, actually. I'd mainly been thinking about how me leaving affected Bradley and had barely considered anyone else's feelings. Poor Kyle had known what'd been going on the whole time too and still hadn't said a word to anyone. He really was a good guy.

'Okay, goodnight,' Bradley said brusquely, finally breaking my grip and carting me off.

And lo and behold, we were back on his bed in no time making out.

'You are insatiable, huh?' I murmured against his lips.

'You have many weeks' worth of kisses to make up for,' he replied, kissing the corner of my mouth and pulling away slightly to smirk down at me.

'When did you first want to kiss me?' I asked curiously.

'Hmm,' he said, thinking for a moment. He ran his finger over my lower lip as he frowned slightly. 'You probably won't remember.'

'Try me,' I said, looping my arms around his neck, forcing him to lean over me further.

'That first time when we went to the beach, just before I threw you in the water,' he said slowly. 'You were sitting on this rock - you know, when you tried to escape me but entirely failed,' he added, making me scowl. He grinned and prodded my cheek until I stopped glaring at him before continuing. 'Anyway, it was then. Sitting there all alone on the beach, your hair blowing in the wind - it was very scenic. Definitely a great spot to make out.'