][ X ][

Lorin had vanished right before my eyes as soon as he spoke it, leaving me with my mouth gaping, my eyes wide and my thoughts scrambled. What the heck was going on with my life? First I find a fallen angel in my shed, and then I hit him with my car, then I find a boy - a nephilim boy - in my bed. Why was I being haunted by these. . .these non-human beings? Was it all because of the fateful night when I found Ezra in the shed? Yeah, I blamed him.

I tried to forget about what had happened in the morning and how Lorin had managed to screw with my head so effectively and easily. It didn't work. I thought a shower would help - it didn't. I thought watching reruns of old cartoons on a mild Saturday morning would help - it didn't either.

My mom was in the kitchen, intently reading a magazine. I walked over and placed my hands on he cold marble of the island she sat at.

"Mom, I'm going to the library." I spoke, not asking, just saying. "Oh, and Jason called me and told me he will be back tomorrow and that he's 'so sorry, mommy'." My mom chuckled under her breath but didn't look up from her reading. She nodded in approval and I took my leave, grabbing my autumn jacket, mittens - because I would likely suffer frostbite if I didn't - and my side-bag to carry the tons of books I'd most likely end up burrowing.

"Bye!" I called just before I walked out the door. I could hear my mothers resounding reply even through the door. I smiled and decided I wanted to walk.

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

I was waiting for the light to turn red, and the little man to appear on the crosswalk signal, while I looked around me, casually taking in my surroundings. I didn't even know why I was waiting, there were barely any cars on the road; I could've easily crossed.

The light diablos changed as zero cars went by, and I began to cross the road. I made it to the other side of the street and friend left, walking up the big stone steps of the library. The cold fall air was left behind as I walked through the sliding doors and into the massive, muted atmosphere of the library.

I passed another set of sliding doors before I got out of the 'foyer' of the library, and into the actual place itself. The whispers and groaning of machines, heaters and computers followed me all the way to the bottom floor of the library. I found a place in a corner with a couch, and dropped my bag, my jacket and mittens on it and walked away, searching for a book to get lost inside of.

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

Sunday rolled around and passed by in a quick, boring blur like it always did. I was sort of glad.

I didn't wake up to any mysterious, not-human boys in my bed or on my mind - for once - thankfully.

It was like my life had gone back to normal.

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

"Rachel, get up!" My brother yelled as he hit my with my own pillow. "Its a Monday! And you're still in school!"

"I'm up!" I screamed and hit him back with the same pillow. I was grumpy and tired. Despite being free of any thoughts of angels, nephilim, green eyes and blue eyes that day, I wasn't spared that night. It was all I could dream of every time I fell back asleep from waking up with cold sweats.

I was in my brothers car, letting him drive me to school because my mom made him, in the same quiet, grumpiness I had been in since I'd woken up. I needed my sleep and I needed to believe that my life had returned to normal. Of course it hadn't. Because when I walked into first period and to my seat, I realized I had a new partner sitting beside me in English. And he wasn't a cute, perky girl named Bethany. He was a dark, mysterious and alluring angel named Ezra.

++++++++++

Sorry for the short, SUPER SUCKY chapter but the next one is the one I'm looking forward too ;)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave a vote and a comment on how I can do better! It keeps the author happy and healthy lol