Banana head and backstories

Adrien being the person he is didn't quite understand what was happening. He could tell that the atmosphere in the room shifted, but he couldn't tell why. He had a feeling it had something to do with the blue haired girl sitting behind him. His curiosity got the best of him so he decided to start asking around the classroom.

💭Adrien's POV:
"Hey guys, do you know why Alya got the death glare this afternoon?"

"Duh, isn't it obvious?" Alix questioned.

"Well, no actually it isn't." I replied.

"It is simply because the majority of the class, more precisely everyone but you and Alya, have feelings for Marinette." Stated Max.

" I- oh" I had suddenly come to the realization. From what I've seen, she seemed likeable and she was quite cute if I'm being honest, so I suppose it would make sense. But I still have one question, why? Why was everyone so engrossed by her?

"If you don't mind me asking, but why is everyone in love with her?"

*snort* "It's kinda hard not to be in love with her" Alix scoffed. "I remember when I fell, it was 8th grade year. These boys were bullying me for being too much of a boy and not like a girl. She stood up for me and said she loves me just the way I am. After that she brought me to her house and gave me some free macaroons. She was the one who gave me my first pair of rollerblades, and comes to all of my races."

"Precisely," Max started, "Marinette was always there to support me, my father was rarely around and my mother was always at school trying to become an astronaut. She brought me into her life without hesitation and always made me feel welcome. She understood all of my quirks and intellectual excitement. She never made me feel inferior or unloved."

"Yeah, she is always there for me when I need my voice to be heard and helps others see me." Juleka added.

"She helps me understand that I can have a rough exterior, but still have a kind heart to others." Ivan said.

Rose started gushing about how Marinette helped her understand it is okay to like both girls and boys and was always accepting of her. Even when her parents weren't. Mylene was taking about how Marinette never made her feel bad or ugly about being slightly bigger than everyone else. How Mari always told Mylene she was beautiful no matter what. Nathaneal talked about how she was the one who encouraged him to continue to do art, even when he was being put down by others for his work. Apparently Marinette shows up to all his shows still to this day. And Sabrina said that Marinette showed her true friendship and how not to be walked all over. As Sabrina put it, "Marinette is always there to help whether you need comfort or to vent to."

As everyone in the class explained why they loved the blue-eyed girl, I was starting to grasp at the concept. They explained how Kim, Chloe, and Nino fell. And I instantly knew why Alya was receiving internal death threats. I guess I'll have to make it my business to meet and introduce myself to Mari.

There seems to be a sickness going around and it is obviously contagious. Hopefully, I won't catch the love sickness!