4| 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘬

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

When I woke up Saturday morning I was incredibly sore. The sad thing was, the work out Nina and I did really was not all that bad. Just some lunges, planks, and some other light body weight stuff. Even I could tell that the workout was not supposed to be hard, by oh boy.

I was sweating so much that by the end she even offered me a towel.

The house was silent this morning, so I assumed that my mother and Mike had gone out to do something together. I painfully made it to the window and looked out onto the driveway to see Mike's car gone.

My body immediately relaxed and I went downstairs to eat something. I had to grip onto the railing because my glutes physically could not move some ways anymore. But on the bright side, I might actually get a booty and that would be pretty nice.

I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down to eat at the table. I noticed a one-hundred dollar bill and a note under it that said 'grocery shopping'.

My lips pursed in annoyance and I realized it would probably be better to just get it out of way than push it off. I washed my bowl in the sink and then I got dressed before using my mom's car to go to the store.

Normally, the grocery store wasn't that busy, but seeing as it was a saturday morning and probably the only time a lot of people are free, it was packed. It was mainly just moms or dads with their kids hanging off the shopping carts or climbing up the shelves.

I grabbed a cart myself and began roaming the isles, throwing whatever I thought we needed in the car.

I was in the refrigerated section, looking for chicken breasts and heard frustrated sigh a few feet away. I ignored it and kept trying to decide if I should get 10 ounces or six. Another sigh left the person's lips.

"Alexander, stop being difficult. You know it's important."

Alexander?

I hadn't seen him since he almost ran me over and my head never whipped around so fast.

I saw him standing next to an older man, who I assumed to be his father.

Alexander muttered a few things and his father glared at him in response. He then handed Alexander a piece of paper and walked off, looking at his watch. Alexander tilted his head back and let out a deep breath before suddenly looking up. His eyes snapped to mine and I instantly looked down, pushing my cart away from the isle.

Mayday. Mayday!

Abort mission!

We can just use what we have at home.

I just needed to make one more stop to get some cans of tomato sauce and then all I had to do was check out and leave. I pushed my way to the pasta isle, and saw the neat rows of tomato sauce next to them.

Roasted Veggie. Check.

Original. Check.

Garlic and Herbs....

My eyes scanned the different variants of tomato before I found the one I was looking for. I rested against the shelves on the other side of the isle for a moment, looking up at the can that was well out of my reach.

It's worth a shot.

I walked up to the isle, and stood on my toes, even resorting to standing on the bottom shelf just to reach it. I reached and reached, trying my best to get it through the soreness.